Clique's in highschool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clique's in highschool

What clique did you, or do you, belong to in highschool?

I was in an 'intellectual' clique. In modern terms we would have been kinda Goth but without the black clothing. A couple of us were also 'athlete' clique which doesnt seem to go together, but in the early 70's the lines were more blurry I guess.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

I couldn't stand high school and never bothered to be in any cliques. I was one of those kids who belonged to nobody, but was tolerated by all.

I made it through the entire period without belonging to a single club, running for a single office, and in my senior yearbook I was the only person w/o a single "credit" by my name.

Comment

Spencer, I thought you would have been in the can't-be-arsed-to-take-care-of-own-lawn high school clique.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Errr...the popular one. Not the so-popular-you-have-no-true-friends kind but the everyone-knows-you-and-likes-you kind. I also mixed with the softcore stoner/punk crowd.
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
          Spencer, I thought you would have been in the can't-be-arsed-to-take-care-of-own-lawn high school clique.
          I became part of that clique after being part of forced-to-take-care-of-parents-lawn-clique.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

My graduating class was 13 people, out of a highschool of about 95 total. We were too small for cliques, we all just kind of schlumped together.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I was in the nerd group, or one of them anyway.

Although I'd say it wasn't so much that I was part of a clique, as that I WASN'T part of certain cliques. Isn't a clique by nature somewhat exclusive? I can't recall ever thinking "that guy or girl is a loser - too dumb to hand out with us. Let's exclude them."

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

softcore stoner/hippie crowd describes everyone in my highschool except for the geeks

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  My graduating class was 13 people, out of a highschool of about 95 total. We were too small for cliques, we all just kind of schlumped together.
                  I cant imagine a class that small. I guess there wasnt much of a football team then.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

I cant imagine a class that small. I guess there wasnt much of a football team then.
                    No football at the school at all--Fall sport was soccer, Winter was basketball and Spring was lacrosse. The girls had field hockey instead of soccer.

Our class was unusually small, as the average class size was about 25 students.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I've never been part of a clique in school. It would involve actually talking to people
                      Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

jklashdfklashfsdfjk god dammit this is the second time I'm writing this, I accidently hit BACK FUJDSFJKLSDF

okay... I wasn't in any clique... early on, I hung out a lot with skater-types and punks, but soon expanded my taste in friends after the first year of high school. Senior year and after graduation, my close-nit group of friends consisted of one skater-type, a few non-preppy popular-types, one intellectual-type, and a few slacker-types.

I was friends with a lot of people from different groups, and I myself, didn't fit into any group. I played 2 years JV and 2 years Varsity hockey, but wasn't a jock (hockey was not a mainstream school sport at my HS, our division wasn't the same as other IHSA-Illinois-High-School-Assoc. divisions).

I'm most like JohnT's description, except for my involvement in hockey. During the "off-season" I played hockey from two different travel clubs... there was a hockey clique that consisted of different people from different social cliques in high school. After high school, I played 2 years with a junior team in the suburbs, but stopped at the end of the second year because it was obvious I wasn't going to make a career out of hockey.

I was more of a free-spirited type who crossed the clique lines and made friends with all types of people. I think kids might have more in common, personality wise, with kids from other cliques rather than the fashion-defined cliques that form in high school.

And all that bull**** disappears once you go to college.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                          I couldn't stand high school and never bothered to be in any cliques. I was one of those kids who belonged to nobody, but was tolerated by all.
                          Same here.

And Sava, unfortunately that depends on the college. Mine - the cliche crap continued.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

The D&D clique.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chess club power!
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X