I think Denmark is right about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Denmark is right about this.

The BBC is reporting that the Danish government is planning on instituting new immigration laws which would ban radical Islamic Imams from immigrating to the country.

If you advocat violence then you are not the type of citizen the Danes want in their country and I applaud them for being honest enough to say so. Especially since the politically correct crowd is going to try to, falsely, call them racist.

Edited to fix a type-o.
    Last edited by Dinner; February 18, 2004, 10:40.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

If you advocat violence then you are the type of citizen the Danes want in their country

DON'T want, DON'T want .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If you advocat violence then you are the type of citizen the Danes want in their country
      That psyop stuff is messing you up man.
      What?

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Type-o fixed.

Comment

I think they're right, but I sure hope they have more measures than that to fight radical Islamism. Because this measure is sure to be inefficient if they don't make islamism unattractive in general.

This measure can only be useful in order to avoid foreign agitators to stir trouble ex nihilo. However, if there are existing reasons for Muslims to turn radical, this measure is already useless.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

True.

Comment

BTW, you may be interested in the last post I just written in The Fwench thread.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I'll check it out.

Comment

Is this significant news? really?

And if anyone wants opinions: states have the right to set immigration policy. While I don't think this will do much of anything, they are not wrong in doing it.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                      Well, I don't know. The new political situation in Denmark is pretty interesting given our past, but if they do a story on it every time our parlament passes new and creative anti-immigration legislation, the BBC journalists must be rather busy people. Besides, the new right just doesn't generate the shock effect that it used to anymore.

I'm all for it, by the way (how could you not?)

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

And if anyone wants opinions: states have the right to set immigration policy. While I don't think this will do much of anything, they are not wrong in doing it.
                        states have the "right" to do a lot of things. they have the armies remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                          Because this measure is sure to be inefficient if they don't make islamism unattractive in general.

Unattractive? How? If you were referring to fundamentalism, I agree. However the mainstream Islam is a benevolent religion. It's same with Christianity, we have our own shares of loonies at the fringes. Someone made an interesting point somewhere else that Islam is at that point of time where the Christianity was during the Reformation period which wasn't exactly a pretty period of time. In the other words, they're working out their own religion identity.

However, if there are existing reasons for Muslims to turn radical, this measure is already useless.
                          I absolutely agree. We need to examine at factors that contribute to the increase in Islamic fanaticism and take steps to take away those factors in order to encourage the shift toward a less extreme version of Islam.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon

states have the "right" to do a lot of things. they have the armies remember.
                            any ohter obvious things you feel like posting?
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think they're right... but why just limit it to Muslims?

Why not ban all visitors and immigrants who advocate violence?
                              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Working...
                              X