Bush poll numbers plummeting; Kerry beats Bush 53-42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or tom delay
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
      This is the richest bull**** I heard all day. I already was a citizen, especially since my dad serves in the US government, to be classified under his "orders" list I have to be a US citizen. (Also means I possess a black US passport, not only a blue one)
      A question is bull****?

Citizenship doesn't work that way in the U.S. You're not a natural-born citizen, that much we know. So the only way you could have become a citizen is through the naturalization process. Now, your dad isn't a U.S. citizen, obviously, or wasn't when you were born, because if he was, you wouldn't have to worry about being considered natural-born. The fact (as it may be) that he works for the U.S. government wouldn't grant him instant citizenship, either. Nor would it bestow it on you.

So when did you get your citizenship? Or are you trying to tell us the U.S. grants citizenship to foreign nationals without going through the naturalization process?

This isn't making much sense.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
        Citizenship doesn't work that way in the U.S. You're not a natural-born citizen, that much we know.
        I'm not a natural born citizen, but so isn't the Governator. It is not like I want to run for president.. Arnold does, but I'm not him.

Now, your dad isn't a U.S. citizen, obviously, or wasn't when you were born, because if he was, you wouldn't have to worry about being considered natural-born.
        My dad's side is Italian, however my dad was born in Hartford, CT (I DID MENTION THIS ONCE BEFORE ON THIS FORUM!). My mom took an oath granting her citizenship under naturalization processes.

The fact (as it may be) that he works for the U.S. government wouldn't grant him instant citizenship, either. Nor would it bestow it on you.
        Read statement above.

This isn't making much sense.
        You aren't making much sense, and you just made yourself look like a complete fool.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I'm not a natural born citizen, *snip*
          I snipped all that wasn't relevant.

My dad's side is Italian, however my dad was born in Hartford, CT (I DID MENTION THIS ONCE BEFORE ON THIS FORUM!). My mom took an oath granting her citizenship under naturalization processes.
          So when did your mom take this oath? Before or after you were born?

Regardless, here's what doesn't mesh. You would be considered a natural-born citizen if you are:

"Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)"

Your father clearly fits the latter description, doesn't he? So you would be considered a natural-born citizen, as he was a natural-born citizen. So this contradicts the notion that you're not natural-born.

I think you need to clarify a bit more.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I see the personal crap is beginning again... no warning... next person is toast. So be very careful what you post.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm just asking questions.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Ming I'm not being offensive here, just explaining. But I will just respond to this...

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                Regardless, here's what doesn't mesh. You would be considered a natural-born citizen if you are:

"Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)"
                Then I guess I'm a natural-born citizen because my dad is one and he has lived in the US and let alone was born in the US.

So this contradicts the notion that you're not natural-born.
                That's not entirely true. I consider myself foreign as I was not born in the US, however in legal context, I am natural-born. I was however born in Madrid, Spain... making me eligible for an EU Spanish passport which I do possess.

That is all I have to say on the subject because it is taking it off the topic. I do not consider myself American, but rather a mix of Italian/Spanish roots. I'm more italian then anything (after recently finding out my family in Spain is in fact italian descended).

That is all.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Then I guess I'm a natural-born citizen because my dad is one and he has lived in the US and let alone was born in the US.
                  You don't know? That seems so unlikely! How could you not know? You made a thread over the law about Arnold possibly being able to run for President thanks to a new constitutional ammendment, avering you were in the same position.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You don't know? That seems so unlikely! How could you not know? You made a thread over the law about Arnold possibly being able to run for President thanks to a new constitutional ammendment, avering you were in the same position.
                    I did not quite know in that context. I always consider myself Spanish at any rate (AS I WAS BORN IN MADRID). If anything, I am moving there. But this thread is not about this, so lets take Mings advice on shutting up. I'm not commenting any further on this matter.

Comment

Just you. He's always been this irrational.
                      Actually he's gotten much better recently (all things being relative of course). At least he's not claiming that Peru reduced coca production by 250% or hopping in and out of the closet anymore.

Yeah, I think that Gian was misunderstanding the meaning of "natural-born" to mean born on US soil. I was born in Norway but I've always been a US citizen for example and as far as I know I'm allowed to run for President (not that I ever will of course).
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Back on topic... or on to restictions... your choice...
                        Last edited by Ming; March 30, 2004, 22:21.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          The election is ten months away. These numbers are meaningless. Bin Laden could be captured in October.
                          Yea.

Honestly I won't be sad to see Bush go if the trend continues, but I fear a Kerry presidency.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Kucinich

[godwin]
                            I personally disliked Hitler's stand on the final solution but at least you knew where he stood.
                            [/godwin]

ouch
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior

Yea.

Honestly I won't be sad to see Bush go if the trend continues, but I fear a Kerry presidency.
                              Why? the man is a centrist and bland as cream cheese.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• making me eligible for an EU Spanish passport which I do possess.
                                And you said you'd renounce your Spanish passport. Sell out.
                                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                                X