or tom delay
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bush poll numbers plummeting; Kerry beats Bush 53-42
Collapse
X
-
A question is bull****?Originally posted by Giancarlo
This is the richest bull**** I heard all day. I already was a citizen, especially since my dad serves in the US government, to be classified under his "orders" list I have to be a US citizen. (Also means I possess a black US passport, not only a blue one)
Citizenship doesn't work that way in the U.S. You're not a natural-born citizen, that much we know. So the only way you could have become a citizen is through the naturalization process. Now, your dad isn't a U.S. citizen, obviously, or wasn't when you were born, because if he was, you wouldn't have to worry about being considered natural-born. The fact (as it may be) that he works for the U.S. government wouldn't grant him instant citizenship, either. Nor would it bestow it on you.
So when did you get your citizenship? Or are you trying to tell us the U.S. grants citizenship to foreign nationals without going through the naturalization process?
This isn't making much sense.Tutto nel mondo è burla
Comment
-
I'm not a natural born citizen, but so isn't the Governator. It is not like I want to run for president.. Arnold does, but I'm not him.Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Citizenship doesn't work that way in the U.S. You're not a natural-born citizen, that much we know.
My dad's side is Italian, however my dad was born in Hartford, CT (I DID MENTION THIS ONCE BEFORE ON THIS FORUM!). My mom took an oath granting her citizenship under naturalization processes.Now, your dad isn't a U.S. citizen, obviously, or wasn't when you were born, because if he was, you wouldn't have to worry about being considered natural-born.
Read statement above.The fact (as it may be) that he works for the U.S. government wouldn't grant him instant citizenship, either. Nor would it bestow it on you.
You aren't making much sense, and you just made yourself look like a complete fool.This isn't making much sense.For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)
Comment
-
I snipped all that wasn't relevant.Originally posted by Giancarlo
I'm not a natural born citizen, *snip*
So when did your mom take this oath? Before or after you were born?My dad's side is Italian, however my dad was born in Hartford, CT (I DID MENTION THIS ONCE BEFORE ON THIS FORUM!). My mom took an oath granting her citizenship under naturalization processes.
Regardless, here's what doesn't mesh. You would be considered a natural-born citizen if you are:
"Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)"
Your father clearly fits the latter description, doesn't he? So you would be considered a natural-born citizen, as he was a natural-born citizen. So this contradicts the notion that you're not natural-born.
I think you need to clarify a bit more.Tutto nel mondo è burla
Comment
-
Ming I'm not being offensive here, just explaining. But I will just respond to this...
Then I guess I'm a natural-born citizen because my dad is one and he has lived in the US and let alone was born in the US.Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Regardless, here's what doesn't mesh. You would be considered a natural-born citizen if you are:
"Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)"
That's not entirely true. I consider myself foreign as I was not born in the US, however in legal context, I am natural-born. I was however born in Madrid, Spain... making me eligible for an EU Spanish passport which I do possess.So this contradicts the notion that you're not natural-born.
That is all I have to say on the subject because it is taking it off the topic. I do not consider myself American, but rather a mix of Italian/Spanish roots. I'm more italian then anything (after recently finding out my family in Spain is in fact italian descended).
That is all.For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)
Comment
-
You don't know? That seems so unlikely! How could you not know? You made a thread over the law about Arnold possibly being able to run for President thanks to a new constitutional ammendment, avering you were in the same position.Originally posted by Giancarlo
Then I guess I'm a natural-born citizen because my dad is one and he has lived in the US and let alone was born in the US.Tutto nel mondo è burla
Comment
-
I did not quite know in that context. I always consider myself Spanish at any rate (AS I WAS BORN IN MADRID). If anything, I am moving there. But this thread is not about this, so lets take Mings advice on shutting up. I'm not commenting any further on this matter.Originally posted by Boris Godunov
You don't know? That seems so unlikely! How could you not know? You made a thread over the law about Arnold possibly being able to run for President thanks to a new constitutional ammendment, avering you were in the same position.For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)
Comment
-
Actually he's gotten much better recently (all things being relative of course). At least he's not claiming that Peru reduced coca production by 250% or hopping in and out of the closet anymore.Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Just you. He's always been this irrational.
Yeah, I think that Gian was misunderstanding the meaning of "natural-born" to mean born on US soil. I was born in Norway but I've always been a US citizen for example and as far as I know I'm allowed to run for President (not that I ever will of course).Then I guess I'm a natural-born citizen because my dad is one and he has lived in the US and let alone was born in the US.Stop Quoting Ben
Comment
-
Yea.Originally posted by chegitz guevara
The election is ten months away. These numbers are meaningless. Bin Laden could be captured in October.
Honestly I won't be sad to see Bush go if the trend continues, but I fear a Kerry presidency.
"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran
Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Comment
-
Why? the man is a centrist and bland as cream cheese.Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
Yea.
Honestly I won't be sad to see Bush go if the trend continues, but I fear a Kerry presidency.
Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..
Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Comment
Comment