Honoring a great president.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honoring a great president.

Tomorrow is the celebration of Abraham Lincoln's birthday.

In remembrance to one of the greatest presidents in the history of our country, who did an excellent job during his first term, that in the middle of the Civil War, the people reelected him for a second term.
    Attached Files
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

HUMF.
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

he won two elections.

it was mostly a few angry people who rejected him for the second.
      B♭3

Comment

you edited your post.
        B♭3

Comment

I don't know, he doesn't look gay in that picture.

Seriously, I respect Abraham Lincoln very much.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
            I don't know, he doesn't look gay in that picture.
            Seriously, I respect Abraham Lincoln very much.
            Lincoln wasn't gay!
            'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
            G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Lincoln.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Ditto, a great president. A great man. An inspiration for all that is good in the world.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

And yes, Lincoln was a great man, and a great President.
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Hmm, the Americans are trying to contact me-they must want spices...
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Lincoln was horrible. As I recall, he was the ORIGINAL inventor of Court Packing. Let's see, he suspended habeas corpus, he only freed the slaves in certain areas to further a political goal - slaves in an area where he had no authority, by the way. Lincoln started America's bloodiest war, and under Lincoln's Administration, the US instituted the horrors of conscription for the first time. Lincoln interfered with elections and legislative votes, most notably in Maryland and Delaware, in order to achieve the result that he wanted.

Lincoln's only real goal was to preserve the Union - which meant keeping all the States together, whether or not they wanted to.

**** Lincoln.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Lincoln wasn't gay!
                          Thx for the clarification.
                          Blah

Comment

What no mention of income tax Floyd?
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Top 5 US preisdents, in order if importance for me:

1. Lincoln
                              2. Washington
                              3. Jefferson
                              4. FDR
                              5. Jackson (close with TR)
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X