No announcement yet.

Ohio governor signs bill making state 38th to ban gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that is what should be made illegal then, don't you think? (Just make a 'civil union' possible which has no preference for sexual relations. You don't need to call it 'marriage'.)

Comment

• No. "Also the state is saying that gay relationships are inferior to straight relationships by denying them the right to marry."
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by yavoon
        [I]t is most assuredly not the original intent.
        The orginal intent of marriage was slavery. Women were slaves of men and marriage use used to solidify breeding rights vis-a-vis specific women. Let's not use the original intent argument, cuz I doubt any of us really want to go back to what marriage was originally like.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

The orginal intent of marriage was slavery. Women were slaves of men and marriage use used to solidify breeding rights vis-a-vis specific women. Let's not use the original intent argument, cuz I doubt any of us really want to go back to what marriage was originally like.

no. but I am accustom to ur ultra cynical view.

Comment

Working...
          X