No announcement yet.

Are some people too weak to live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see, the society overrules the individual. You alone are nothing.

Crush the individual! All work to the Great Commune!

*sigh*
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
      Yes Sikander.

But is the antiseptic mom caused by the allergies, or the allergies caused by the antiseptic mom?

(I think the latter. But I'm just raising a question.)
      Yea, that's my opinion too, but I only noted the correlation as AFAIK there hasn't been any proof one way or the other.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by JellyBean

It was for them, and it is for us, under some circumstances.
        Pretty sure that you're essential aren't you? Has it crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, you're not? What exactly is it that you do that's so worthwhile? Are we certain that you're worth the resources needed to keep you going? Maybe we oughta better check it out.

Anyway, I'm waaaaayyyyy more essential than you are, so I guess I get to determine if society needs for you to go away.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
          But is the antiseptic mom caused by the allergies, or the allergies caused by the antiseptic mom?
          I was born with my allergies (along with my other medical problems) . For example, when I was young I ate something with nuts. And my face would swell, have trouble breathing, etc. After a few times my parents realized it was the nuts doing it and my doctor agreed. Based on what was said earlier, the so called "allergie" kid has an "antiseptic mom" based on nessesity. If the mother was not "antiseptic" it would not give a livible environment for their child. However the degree to what antiseptic means can be argued. The mother in that article went overboard. You only need to do something like that if the kid was like a bubble boy.

Here are some examples of how you "earn" an allergy. I had a friend who had an older sister. The older sister got a cat, then a couple years later my friend was born. He grew up with the cat and was allergic to it. Now you can not argue being WITHDRAWN FROM CATS caused thed allergy, he was around it all the time. IMO it is being overly exposed to something that causes an allergy. Another example is myself with my nut allergy. My mom went to Japan while pregnant with me, and since beef is much more expensive there (and her dislike of fish) she ate A LOT of nuts to get the nessasary protein, constantly for like 2-3 weeks. I find that a strange and odd since now I have a serious nut allergy.

Comment

• Dr Strangelove
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

• I Am Jeff or smoking or drugs.
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                Pretty sure that you're essential aren't you? Has it crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, you're not? What exactly is it that you do that's so worthwhile? Are we certain that you're worth the resources needed to keep you going? Maybe we oughta better check it out.

Anyway, I'm waaaaayyyyy more essential than you are, so I guess I get to determine if society needs for you to go away.
                This is exactly the problem with applying any social utility system - who decides whether someone is worthwhile for society or not, and how?

Until there's a magical system for predicting someone's future contribution to society, I think it makes sense not to kill anyone except in the most clear-cut cases - such as when someone's continued existence requires major sacrifices in the lives of thousands of others. [1] [2] In those cases, most people would probably feel less guilty about it because it's simply a matter of refusing to make sacrifices for them rather than actively killing them.[3]

[1] Being denied peanuts is not, imho, a major sacrifice.

[2] Spending your life building 0.1% of a rocket so that a heart patient can get an extra decade of life expectancy free falling in orbit, however, is.

[3] Otoh, I don't make any moral distinction between killing someone by action or inaction.

P.S. Yes, I have considered that my existence might not be worthwhile. I decided that it was - but in case it wasn't, I planned that my organs would be donated so that they would at least do some good.

Comment

• Ben Kenobi is deaf?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X