Russians Wage Desperate Battle To Avert Tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb

And you just let them laid underwater and never recover them, right?
    Depends on whether they are a navigation hazard.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I saw this on the BBC Ceefax this morning. It was reported that they have rescued the beer, but not the truck, and used a tank to pull the beer kegs out of the river - at last a good use for all that expensive military equipment!

EDIT - found the story.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
      Last edited by CerberusIV; January 21, 2004, 06:30.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Depends on whether they are a navigation hazard.
        This river is an important navigation route for our city.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Thats what I was thinking. Is this Russia's new freeze-brewing system?
          Well, it certainly isn't Australian, now is it?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I don't see why it's a big deal and what's so funny. Like American or anyone else trucks never felt underwater and were never recovered.

You have NOOOOO sense of humor. Haven't you ever been with friends and a bit of alcohol spills and you treat it like a shame and sad event? That's what we are doing here.. duh!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I love how the beer wil be delivered and sold..so all the effort paid off!..well, actually....
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                I don't see why it's a big deal and what's so funny. Like American or anyone else trucks never felt underwater and were never recovered.

Dude, this would be funny no matter where it happened. Like Imran said, just about everyone that has drank and spilled a beer or other drink treated it as a sad event worthy of lamentation Alochol abuse is what me and my friends called it.

One of the most sickning examples is one day me, my friend and girlfriend went off to get some booze for a party. When we got back to the apartment I went over to the drivers side to help my gf with the bottles of vodka and bourbon when the vodka slipped from her hands and busted all over the pavement.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I went over to the drivers side to help my gf with the bottles of vodka and bourbon when the vodka slipped from her hands and busted all over the pavement.

RIP

I hope she never handles sweet, sweet alcohol again!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Russia's Tass news agency reported that the recovery team eventually managed to pull the vehicle through a hole in the ice.

Our very own Comrade more powerful in Russia than I thought?
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Japher already beat you to it

And you came in thinking you were soooo clever
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yeah, looking like a fool now
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                        X