Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Harry Potter Movie to be most expensive film...ever

An Official Source

Though I saw it over at Mugglenet (but those bastards at sd.net beat me to the post), there's the official word.

He said: ''We are casting right now. I've been in Paris, looking for giant women and French schoolgirls.''
    I wish him luck in the endeavor. It's a pity the Rowan Aktinson= Voldemort rumor was false.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

What the hell would they spend the money on?

At this point, LoTR has the title of most expensive movie ever at 300 million plus, but of course, it is 10 hours long plus.

Titanic was about 200 million, but they built a replica at a significant scale.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

your link gives me a 404 not found-error
      Blah

Comment

In other news, it is also being planned to be the most expensive flop...ever.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Damn!
          well...

HARRY POTTER AND THE £170M FILM BILL World's most expensive

By John Millar

THE next Harry Potter film will be the most expensive movie ever made, says director Mike Newell.

Goblet Of Fire the fourth Potter film will cost £170 million £5 million more than Return of the King, the last in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Filming is due to begin in April and Newell, whose bigscreen successes include Four Weddings And A Funeral and Julia Roberts' hit Mona Lisa Smile, said: ''I think of myself as being really lucky. I'm going to make the most expensive film there has ever been.

''These things are not like ordinary films they are world events.''

Newell agreed that the job of directing a Potter picture carried huge responsibilities. He said: ''I have millions of 10-year-olds who must not be disappointed.

''Making Harry Potter is like being President of Brazil. It is a colossal undertaking.''

Goblet of Fire, scheduled for release in 2005, will again star Daniel Radcliffe as schoolboy wizard Harry and Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid, the halfgiant grounds man at Hogwarts.

Robbie's character has presented Newell with a giant sized headache finding an 8 ft tall French woman to play Hagrid's love interest, Madame Maxime.

He said: ''We are casting right now. I've been in Paris, looking for giant women and French schoolgirls.''

TOP FIVE MOST EXPENSIVE MOVIESFox, 1997.2000. £165m: Return of the Kingby New Line, 2003. £112m: Titanic by Paramount/ £96m: Water world by £110m: Dinosaur by Disney, Warner Bros, 1999. Universal, 1995.

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Ah thx

And yes I also wonder why they need so much money - no big ships to (re)built, no mass scenes like battles....
            Blah

Comment

I am sorry, but how do they come up with 165 mllion quid for Return of the King? you can;t separate the budgets of those three films so easily. Though the whole LoTR is till the most expensive movie ever.

And Titanic at only 115 milion quid...seems low.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Is this considering inflation?
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Nflaation has een close to ziip.
                  The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
                  Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

Man......Atkinson would have been great as evil Voldemort. To bad. Wonder who they will get. The Prisoner of Azkaban is supposed to be out June 4th. Can't wait......am reading Order of the Phoneix right now.
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Can you imagine the horrors of a Voldemort/Mr. Bean Hybrid?

Comment

A bumbling evil Lord......now that would be interesting. He could give Nevil Longbottom a run for his money in clumsyness
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

On another note, I am surely going to Hell for thinking that Emma Watson is turning into a Hottie...and she's like 15.

Comment

On another note, I am surely going to Hell for thinking that Emma Watson is turning into a Hottie...and she's like 15.

I guess I'll be seeing you by the lake of fire, buddy.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

harry potter = teh suck... what a waste of money
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X