No announcement yet.

If the US civil war was fought today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the US civil war was fought today...

Or rather you, as the people you are today, were taken back to the 1860's. What side would you fight on? Please state if you are North or South.
    North
    57.38%
    South
    22.95%
    I'd quite happily fight for a banana
    19.67%
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

...or not from US at all
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

I'd fight for the South and win.
      Because then the US would destroy itself much more quickly than it is now.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I live in the South and I would fight for the Union if I were taken back. The area where I was raised had numerious men fight for the Union anyway, so chances are I would have fought on that side if I had actually been born in that time period..
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I am a very strong pacifist yet I would fight for the North, for the simple reason that the opportunity to ruin Texas is too good to pass .

Do you think the issues have actually been resolved? I'm not an american but i know there is a lot of scarring due to the war.

Comment

There are people that run around with confederate flags that talk about the south rising again but it's mostly done to annoy uppty Yankees. There is no one south anymore, (if there ever was to begin with). There is too much to loose by repeating the Civil War. Small scale rebellion might be possible but nothing approaching the scale of the Civil War.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I'd use my knowledge of the future to alter history to suit my goals.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I'd fight for Kentucky.
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I´d be a part of European peacekeeping forces

*where´s the next flame-proof bunker?*
                  Blah

Comment

I'd have to know what the fight was about..if its about states rights, then the Unionist side.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Alabaman penis envy then GePap?

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                        Alabaman penis envy then GePap?

Trust me, everything is bigger in NYC than Alabama , well, except the inbreeding, that they beat us in.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

@ GePap

Union all the way.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Inbreeding would save a lot of money on weddings....

Comment

That's not a valid argument, and you know it.
                              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Working...
                              X