Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education in the US - going strong or a shambles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, apology accepted. I thought you were trying to be a smart ***, I'm hideously short on sleep and my patience is wearing a bit thin - I made a run all the way into work just to be told I had a 3330-42 instead of 3330-42-1. I cannot wait for my 25 year retirement.

I agree with much of your post, though much of that I won't be at a level to make a personal difference except voting. Teacher certification, etc. is a state level thing, and I'm enough of a realist to know I have the charisma of Al Gore .

See, delivery may not be everything, but it does make a difference in who listens - look at my reaction to that first post, and then this one. Think about it this way. This time you're not just arguing and posting, you have an audience that hopes to get into a position to make a difference. Convince me.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
      Waste of time? Basic understanding of science, maths, history, and English language skills are a waste of time?
      ABBA-lite, it's math -- not maths.

The whole point of having it shorthand is to remove extra letters. Mathematics -> Math.

This makes sense, you chop off all but the first four letters.

The Brits have gone and ****ed it up and removed the middle section: Math------s.

They ought to have their school system reformed for this atrocity. Such a lack of basic understanding of reason and English language skills is upsetting, to be sure.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
      X