Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Franken to host new show that will be the anchor for new liberal radio network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    I liked it when the get pulled over by Dan Akroid, and their in the truck with "Canada Sucks" graffiti and the cop makes them write it in French too

Or, when the mounty (also can't remember his name, I can see his face though) tells them they took their friend to the Capital, and JC says "Ah, Toronto"
    I think the mountie was Joe Flaherty from SCTV (with Candy).

Ramo

Franken had nothing to do with Canadian Bacon (but maybe you just meant Moore).
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

BTW Akroyd isnt a mountie he's OPP (who are notorious ****** for handing out tickets).
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

That'll happen unless you're down with OPP (and you know me...)

EDIT: I can't believe I just jacked my own thread...

I can't wait to listen to Franken to see what kind of guests he has, and what kinds of people will call in...
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

No, the mountie was comedian Stephen Wright.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

While I may disagree with Franken on some issues, I support his right to make money by being outrageous, obnoxious and entertaining.

Go for it Al.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Didn't Mario Cuomo try to do this back in '95?

Comment

Yeah, Al's funny. Moore, however, has never been funny or even slightly entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  While I may disagree with Franken on some issues, I support his right to make money by being outrageous, obnoxious and entertaining.
                  He's living your dream, isn't he? If only you could be paid!
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Franken had nothing to do with Canadian Bacon (but maybe you just meant Moore).
                    Yeah, I only meant Moore.

Canadian Bacon isn't a masterpeice of comedy. It's okay. Funniest scenes were where John Candy is insulting Canada at a hockey game, and nobody cares 'till he insults Canadian beer. Also that dude as the Mounty, who name escapes me at the moment. But otherwise it wasn't that good.
                    Bah, it's classic dude!

I liked it when the get pulled over by Dan Akroid, and their in the truck with "Canada Sucks" graffiti and the cop makes them write it in French too
                    My favorite scene.
                    And then Akdroid fines them, and says it's either 1000 Canadian dollars or 10 American dollars.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

Cool, competition over the airwaves is good... but only if they are funny, dammit!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                      X