my dog just got done chewing up a new battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dog just got done chewing up a new battery

and all I can do is watch him for the next 12 hours for signs that he is poisoned or has a burn on his throat.

whats the difference between an alkaline and an acid?

Oh man, that sucks. My dumb dog got into a box of chocolates and ate about four of them. He was okay though, after he threw up a couple times.

I would take him to the vet immediately.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

theres no vet up here right now. the last one got her license to practice taken away or something for abusing animal tranquilizers. My mom called poison control down in Anchorage and they told us all we could do is watch him. If he does any number of things in the next few hours we have to take him to the hospital so they can do something about it. probably just medivac him to Fairbanks or Anchorage unless they have the stuff to take care of poisoning up here (which I doubt)

Comment

Hopefully he is okay
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

good luck man

i'm sure he will be okay

watch him tight now
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

theres no vet up here right now. the last one got her license to practice taken away or something for abusing animal tranquilizers.
            Well that blows...

Good luck. Hopefully this doesn't devolve into a death-watch. Absolutely the pits...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

how is he doing by the way?

and how long has it been since he chewed up the battery?
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

how is he doing by the way?

My sister had brought her puppy over and they were running around playing, but now he's back to acting calmer than normal.

It looks like he should be okay though. I'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

good luck, hope he gets better
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

my dog just got done chewing up a new battery

Darwinism at work.
                    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                      Oh man, that sucks. My dumb dog got into a box of chocolates and ate about four of them. He was okay though, after he threw up a couple times.

I do find that interesting -- ever since I learned awhile ago, that chocolate is toxic to cats and dogs, I never really got a satisfactory answer from someone who knew why that is the case.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I do find that interesting -- ever since I learned awhile ago, that chocolate is toxic to cats and dogs, I never really got a satisfactory answer from someone who knew why that is the case.

my favorite website, next to 'Poly of course;

HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

Comment

interesting site, Space
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Darwinism at work.
                            Bad taste.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

interesting site, Space

do a search on chocolate and it will come up with an article about how it effects dogs :P

My dog really likes chocolate, but my mother won't let me feed it to him. She says it will kill him. Does that make sense? If I can eat chocolate, why can't my dog?

Comment

Working...
                              X