No announcement yet.

proposal for a history forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well let's turn this site into a limited liability corp. Then we can have our history forum.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

See TCO, I'm thinking positive.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

"Well let's turn this site into a limited liability corp."

Good idea. At the very least I would learn what a 'limited liability corp' is.

Lets do it!
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
          See TCO, I'm thinking positive.
          Good duckie. No euro cynicism either.

Comment

I'll have to visit those history forums. I'm one of the guilty hijack-types. The thing is, if you try to seperate history from current events...

See, doing it again.

Go history forum.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Would this be more effective in Apolyton Community?

Either way, this is a great idea.

Comment

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Yes...imagine...we could have an entire thread dedicated to Clavell's Shôgun!
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

This isn't gonna turn into a +1 mine now, is it?
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

This is a great idea, in theory, unfortunately, there are many posters who have very interesting ideas of "history". The forum would probably quickly degenerate into spam wars and flame fests. We already have the OT for that.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

monkspider: A history forum could be administrated so this dosn't happen, ie, obvious spam is deleted
                        eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

You can delete the spam, but you can't delete the will of the spammers.
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good idea . Just have it heavily modded which would keep the spammers out. It'll be nicely educational and good for the scenario makers. I'm all for it.

Comment

One of the problems with a History forum is that then you have people asking for a Sports forum and a Politics forum and a Jokes forum and a Cars forum and blah blah blah and each one of them has the same reason, "Well, you have a History forum too, why not a Manatee Forum?"
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

So give it a try at least. doesn;t need to be permanent.

Comment

Working...
                                X