So I met this guy . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I met this guy . . . . . .

Ok, the past two and a half years, all the guys I met did not work out beyond the first time we met in terms of dating and establishing a relationship. But with some, I became friends with -- good friends that I can rely on, and they can rely on me.

But now tonight, I met this guy with whom I originally contacted through match.com. We kept in contact for a couple of weeks through e-mail, and earlier tonight we finally decided to meet at a cafe at Borders.

His name is Ken and he's 35 years old (I'm 26). He's cute and attractive.
    We spent almost three hours talking at the cafe on a variety of subjects -- intelligent conversation is one of things we're both capable of, so we weren't sitting there twiddling our thumbs together.

But when we finally had to leave because the cafe was closing, he asked me THE question already -- and this was our first night. He asked me where I thought we would go from here. When he asked me this, from his body language and his excitement, he was interested in dating together right away.

I told him that I do not know yet where this will go. I said that I needed to see him a few more times before I can decide if we will just be friends, or if we will end up more than that, by dating, and then a serious relationship. He is cute and he's intelligent and he finds me attractive, but I can't believe he had to ask this question already.

It's just plain and simple -- I'm not sure yet. So, in a couple of days (Thursday) we are going to have dinner together at a restaurant. Hopefully he won't get down on his knees and propose to me on this second meeting (date?).

I mean, how soon do you ask someone where this is going? How could I have known for sure after only our first meeting? Give me a little more time, Ken!

But I'm glad that this MIGHT be a guy that could turn out to be more than friendship.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Oh Lord... hopefully you don't turn into another Albert Speer (ie, posting threads on your love life until Kingdom Come)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the point of match.com was to get people who wanted to date together.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, Lorizael -- which is why I'm going to have dinner with him again. But from his forward question, he seems to be more immediately interested in something more serious with me, than I might be.

And at this point, I don't know yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Oh Lord... hopefully you don't turn into another Albert Speer (ie, posting threads on your love life until Kingdom Come)
          If you want, I can see if Ken wants to make a video of all our dates, so you can get recorded, minute by minute accounts.

Comment

Re: So I met this guy . . . . . .

Originally posted by MrFun

intelligent conversation is one of things we're both capable of, so we weren't sitting there twiddling our thumbs together.
            he finds me attractive, but I can't believe he had to ask this question already.
            Which of the above statements is more presumptuous?
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Well Ogie, it's take two people to have intelligent conversation.

And body language and facial expressions along with what people say, can express that person's level of interest.

Comment

Lol...

I meant it was presumptuous of you to say you can hold an intelligent conversation.

I'm guessing Ken can. j/k
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                  Lol...

I meant it was presumptuous of you to say you can hold an intelligent conversation.

I'm guessing Ken can. j/k

So can we stay on topic?

What were some of your most interesting dating experiences?

Comment

I met a girl on match.com called Barbie...
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Did she have a one-inch waist?

Comment

Did Ken?
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                          If you want, I can see if Ken wants to make a video of all our dates, so you can get recorded, minute by minute accounts.

Blackmail material.... excelllent.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

nope

(x-post)

Comment

So, what interesting dating experiences has anyone else had?

Comment

Working...
                              X