No announcement yet.

Which is your favourite romantic song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is your favourite romantic song?

I'm sure this is a recurrent thread that appears from time to time. I hope it has been some time since last one...

I got curious while reading the other songs thread. Which is your favourite romantic song, if any?

For me it's "From this moment" from Shania Twain
    "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
    "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

"Miracles" by Jefferson Starship is pretty.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Always was partial to Just What I Needed, particularly an Ann Beretta cover of it I have...
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I have always loved "When a man loves a woman" by Michael Bolton.

There is an oldie by Lionel Richie, "I just called to say I love you". That's a good one too!
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

"Atmosphere" by Joy Division.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Prince, The beautiful ones, from the Purple Rain soundtrack.
            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

have you ever loved a woman ....bryan adams
              "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Lady in Red
                Eternal Flames
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The Longest Time, by Billy Joel
                  Talent Optional

Comment

Real men hate Romantic Yuk Songs Yuk Yuk.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I don't want to torture you guys by posting any lyrics from my favorite Cher songs.

so carry on without me
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        Real men hate Romantic Yuk Songs Yuk Yuk.
                        Pah

Real Men aren't afraid to be open about emotional issues.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

My wife's favorite is Mona Lisa as sung by Nat King Cole. I had to sing it to her tonight.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

UR, oh yeah go play with your GIIIIIIIIIIIRLLLLLLfriend while we continue playing men sports.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Probably "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X