CNET News Article: All Eyes On Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    A pretty long time, I'm guessing, given Apple's stated disdain for Flash-based MP3 players.
    It's their stupidity for ignoring the market for them then.

HD and Flash MP3 players are different markets. Creative, rather intelligently, competes in both.

Apple's never been that business-savvy.

I still use my old-school Nomad II 128MB when I go to the gym.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Apple's never been that business-savvy.

So? I know I'd rather have them put all their efforts into making quality HD-based players than waste their time on Flash-based ones. I don't really care if it's a "business-savvy" move or not...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• $63 million bucks in the black this quarter and a 235% increase in ipod sales, which are still selling out in the UK as fast as they can be delivered.

Complete idiots....
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• If they put all their efforts into making quality HD-based players, you'd think they wouldn't cheap out on the materials used. Sure, they look nice -- but once you get one, you realize how ****ing easily they scratch.

At least Creative puts better quality finishes on theirs.

I've had my Zen for a year and not a scratch on it. I never use a case or anything. My best friend Tom has an iPod for about 1 month longer than I've had my Zen, and the back of it is scratched to all hell, and the screen has a "pressure" scratch on it.

I'm also not sure if it's a good thing for Apple to ignore the flash market. Flash capacities are growing faster than HD capacities, and prices are falling faster. It's far more energy efficient, too.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Only feebs vote.

Comment

• gatekeeper, i'm offended by imacs because i'm offended by their philosophy. for me, a computer should be either powerful and upgradable, or supremely portable. thus, the G5s rock, the Sony VAIO laptops rock, the iBooks rock, but the iMac, which is kinda that in between... sucks. neither portable nor powerful, and that's why it offends me.
              has nothing to do with the actual machinery... i'm sure it's a decent computer, although i hesitate to deign it with that moniker.
              Ah, well, to each their own, Q Cubed. The iMac model suits me just fine, but then again, I'd also probably be comfortable on a mid-level Windows machine, too.

Heh. I basically just need a machine capable of high-speed Internet connections, mid-level gaming and a good word processing program. The iMac gives me that, and the new models, well, heck they've got a lot of stuff on 'em I likely wouldn't use (i.e. burning DVDs, making home movies, listening to music and whatnot).

Glad to see that the G5 leaves a positive impression ... that's a bit out of my price and need range, though, so I likely won't use it unless I hold off on an imac purchase for another year and they put a G5 chip in it during that time.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
              X