Strange Things People Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher

It does depend on specific conditions, but you are wrong with the "always run"... I remember in Fluid Dynamics we did a mathematical case study on this and showed this to be false. That was a long time ago and I am not going to work it out again.
    I remember doing the same style case studied. The teacher fixed one of the puzzles so that the best action was in fact to stand still, and another was to run on all fours.

I think he made his point about how variables are important.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Listen. Soaking wet is soaking wet. Once you're wet, you're wet.

What else?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Guess you live where it never rains but it pours.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Listen. Soaking wet is soaking wet. Once you're wet, you're wet.

What else?
          SlowwHand, you should know by now -- on Apolyton, nothing even as simple as this will ever get a complete consensus agreement.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I tell you what's strange Sloww.
            I've noticed this a million times, and I do it sometimes myself too, not on purpose though.

When someone looks his watch casually and then continues doing what he was doing, ask right away 'what time is it?' and they'll check out their watch with 95% certainty.

Ask what date it is, and again they look the answer from the watch, even though the watch wouldn't have dates in it.

Sometimes people look for their watch anytime they're trying to find an answer to a question that suddenly pops up. I don't know.. watches are controlling us.

Everytime people answer their cell phones, the first answer is 'I'm in .....'. So the first question must be 'where are you?', as if it matters most of the times.

When ever people fall or trip in public places, first thing they do is check around if anyone saw them tripping. Then they are embarrased. Sometimes when they clearly hurt themselves, still the first thing is to see if anyone saw and then see if they're hurt. Then they try to hide the fact that they just fell, getting up quickly and like it was meant to be like that.

Everytime when people come inside from the rain, they go 'Hurrh hurrh' and shake their body. Are we dogs, do we have furs or why you do that? Even if you're soaking wet, or just a bit, that the shaking won't do anything, even if you're not cold, you still do the 'Hurrhh'. I wonder why.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Ask what date it is, and again they look the answer from the watch, even though the watch wouldn't have dates in it.
              Uh . . . . my watch has the daily date on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                When someone looks his watch casually and then continues doing what he was doing, ask right away 'what time is it?' and they'll check out their watch with 95% certainty.

I don't know.. watches are controlling us.
                I find it strange that people answer 'Time you got a watch!' to the question 'What time is it?'. They obviously are part of the conspiracy

Comment

I have never worn a watch so I don't do this, unless I mean to be funny... but no one really gets it. I look at my bare wrist and tell them "I don't know" and they usually reply "Is your watch broken?" I laugh.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

I have never worn a watch so I don't do this, unless I mean to be funny... but no one really gets it. I look at my bare wrist and tell them "I don't know" and they usually reply "Is your watch broken?" I laugh.

Comment

My sister use to think it best to drive as fast as you can through intersections; you lessen the amount of time you spend in the intersection thus the less chance of being hit.
                      Is there more to that story? Is she now a poster girl for the state police?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

My dad does the nut thing but he puts peanuts in his Coke or Dr. Pepper. He also eats saltine crackers in a chocolate milk shake
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I often look at my watch when someone asks my age
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            I know a crazy Texan who puts nuts in his beer. That's just strange,.
                            Yea, but it does cool you off, and the carbonation feels...good.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

seeking a precise answer to the question, I gather.
                              "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                              "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                              - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X