Strange Things People Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Things People Do

I'm not talking about bizarre and deviant behavior.
    Just everyday little quirks of the human being.

Like people who run in a rainstorm.
    You've all seen them.
    For example, they run from the store to the car.
    Not with an umbrella or other protective gear. Just clothed (usually).
    Why run? I mean, one can only get just so wet.

I think that's strange.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I know a crazy Texan who puts nuts in his beer. That's just strange,.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No. What MAY be strange is when a Texan posts an ode to a commie cat. See poetry poll.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think it's strange when:

people break at green lights.

people order soda without ice.

your in a check-out line at a grocery store and the person in front of you waits until all 1 Billion items of theirs has been rung up before they even bother to look for their checkbook.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Strange Things People Do

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          I mean, one can only get just so wet.
          Exactly! So if you run, you'll get home sooner, so you can dry your clothes, get a cup of hot chocolate and snuggle up in front of the fire.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

you get more wet if you run
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Strange Things People Do

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I'm not talking about bizarre and deviant behavior.
              Just everyday little quirks of the human being.

Like people who run in a rainstorm.
              You've all seen them.
              For example, they run from the store to the car.
              Not with an umbrella or other protective gear. Just clothed (usually).
              Why run? I mean, one can only get just so wet.

I think that's strange.
              Cecil Adams did a field test on this very subject years ago.

And he got more wet when he walked than when he ran.

So the strange one is you, thinking that way. Plus you put your nuts in your beer. Perv.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I walk in the rain - It's nice and refreshing.

Provided it isn't too cold out, anyways.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It varies so much anyway, it's hard to know. Generally speaking, if there is a wind, and the rain blows in from the side, your best tactic is to walk at the same rate and direction as the wind (and preferably the same angle as the rainfall). If this is not possible, or the rain is coming straight down, you're better off running. But of course, I imagine your proximity to shelter or the distance you have to run also affects the wetness quotient.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Re: Strange Things People Do

Originally posted by Theben

So the strange one is you, thinking that way. Plus you put your nuts in your beer. Perv.
                    Plus, if you run, there is less time you spend while in the rain.
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

But you hit more raindrops falling in front of you
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Raindrop trajectory normally makes it impossible to angle yourself the same as the path of the rain. Plus changes in wind speed, direction, and the fact the water flows down yer bod. Always run if you don't want to be wet.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                          But you hit more raindrops falling in front of you
                          but you miss more raindrops falling behind you
                          Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

thats the same reduction as "less time spent in the rain".

Comment

Raindrop trajectory normally makes it impossible to angle yourself the same as the path of the rain. Plus changes in wind speed, direction, and the fact the water flows down yer bod. Always run if you don't want to be wet.
                              It does depend on specific conditions, but you are wrong with the "always run"... I remember in Fluid Dynamics we did a mathematical case study on this and showed this to be false. That was a long time ago and I am not going to work it out again.

My sister use to think it best to drive as fast as you can through intersections; you lessen the amount of time you spend in the intersection thus the less chance of being hit.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X