No announcement yet.

LSU v USC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The above coming from a guy who also want's second place teams to have a chance to win national championships... MAKE UP YOUR MIND
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Two big-ass divisions that have their champion decided based on regular season record. Then the two champs meet in the World Series.

But what if the 2nd place team in Division A has a better season than the champion of Division B? Don't you want the teams with the best seasons to get the championship?

And baseball did have a system like that. Back when there were few enough teams to make it work. Once they crossed a certain number of teams in each league, they decided it was bad for the sport to have no divisions (ie, the last place teams being 30 games out in late July was severly huring attendance).

The above coming from a guy who also want's second place teams to have a chance to win national championships... MAKE UP YOUR MIND

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd agree with MIng only because K St whooped Oklahoma, had the game been close the Okies should still have a shot in the championship. But that would have left us with 3 teams deserving a shot in the championship. Given how badly Oklahoma lost, USC and LSU were more deserving. But we're biased a bit by the timing of Oklahoma's loss, had they lost the 3rd week to K St and won the rest, we'd have little or no problem with the Okies going to the championship.

Comment

I still think the solution is to have one more game after all the bowls are over. Send the 1 and 2 seeds to face the 3 and 4 seeds in bowl games and have the winners square off in a championship.

Comment

EA Games has decided

In their 2004 NCAA edition, USC beats LSU 23 - 17.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

USC! USC!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
              X