NFL: Manning & McNair win CO-MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    why do people think this is a good stat? this just means you sucked for the first 3 quarters and couldn't get it done. 4th quarter comebacks, especially against bad teams, just illustrate an inability to dominate the entire game.
    its one of the most prized qb stats there is. I'm not sure what ur problem is besides a deep loathing of manning? would u hate on montana's comebacks? cuz montana had a team about 5x as good as mannings. before free agency.

Comment

its one of the most prized qb stats there is
      for dumbasses

It shows he ain't a choke artist.
      that stat has nothing to do with "choking"... if anything, it shows that the team DID choke in the first 3 quarters.

btw yavoon, when Manning wins several Super Bowls, then you can compare him to Montana.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Brady came in third in the MVP vote, led his team to the best record in football, and did not make the Pro Bowl!

That is absurd.

However, I agree that both Manning and McNair have been the most valuable players this year in the NFL.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Ned:

the nfl writers were wrong... but they were right? what?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

for dumbasses

that stat has nothing to do with "choking"... if anything, it shows that the team DID choke in the first 3 quarters.

btw yavoon, when Manning wins several Super Bowls, then you can compare him to Montana.
            4th quarter comebacks is a stat for dumbasses? why not castrate ur football intelligence more?

and I'm notcomparing him to montana. if u had comprehension skills u would see that I was asking if u'd hate on montana's comebacks as well. cuz that means montana choked for the first 3 quarters.

Comment

I think some people need to chill in this thread... or I'll chill you.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yavoon:
                1. in terms of 4th quarter comebacks... I didn't specify that Manning was a choker because of that stat. That stat isn't an individual stat. It applies to the entire offense. I don't know why you pulled this Montana crap out of your ass.

2. My main point was that it is a deceiving stat. Sure, it means a team can come back when they are down. but IT ALSO MEANS THEY ****ED UP AND FELL BEHIND IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You know what other stats the "NFL writers" prize?

"When a team scores 20 points their record is *-*"

That is another dumbass stat. That's like saying, "when priest holmes scores 50 touchdowns in a game, the CHIEFS are undefeated!" OMG they PWN U!

There are loads of stats in sports. It's important to pay attention to the stats that ARE IMPORTANT... and to ignore the ones that are deceptive, or lead to "false-cause" conclusions.

get a clue

btw xpost ming
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yavoon:
                  1. in terms of 4th quarter comebacks... I didn't specify that Manning was a choker because of that stat. That stat isn't an individual stat. It applies to the entire offense. I don't know why you pulled this Montana crap out of your ass.

2. My main point was that it is a deceiving stat. Sure, it means a team can come back when they are down. but IT ALSO MEANS THEY ****ED UP AND FELL BEHIND IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You know what other stats the "NFL writers" prize?

"When a team scores 20 points their record is *-*"

That is another dumbass stat. That's like saying, "when priest holmes scores 50 touchdowns in a game, the CHIEFS are undefeated!" OMG they PWN U!

There are loads of stats in sports. It's important to pay attention to the stats that ARE IMPORTANT... and the ones that are deceptive, or lead to "false-cause" conclusions.

get a clue

btw xpost ming
                  passing and rushing yards are a team stat too. everything is a team stat. its a team game. so ur first point is extra irrelevant.

as for ur second point. no1 wins every game. no1. some games ur gna be ahead, some ur gna be behind. if u have a qb who is deadly enuff to take a game u should lose and make it a game u win. that is an enormous advantage to posess.

yah so basically u know very little. sorry.

Comment

yavoon... my warning was meant for you as well...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

passing and rushing yards are a team stat too

Does the whole team pass the ball for the Quarterback? Does the whole team carry the ball and runfor the Running Back?

anyways, I'm not going to waste any more energy on you... I'll debate people with intelligent arguments. Now I remember why you're on my ignore list.

Here's another great stat that people should pay attention to.

WHEN A TEAM SCORES MORE TEAM THAN THEIR OPPONENTS, THEY ARE UNDEFEATED! OMFG pWNED!

so Ming... how would you rank MVP choices?

mine are
                      1. McNair
                      2. Brady
                      3. Holmes
                      4. J.Lewis
                      5. Manning
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Does the whole team pass the ball for the Quarterback? Does the whole team carry the ball and runfor the Running Back?

anyways, I'm not going to waste any more energy on you... I'll debate people with intelligent arguments. Now I remember why you're on my ignore list.

Here's another great stat that people should pay attention to.

WHEN A TEAM SCORES MORE TEAM THAN THEIR OPPONENTS, THEY ARE UNDEFEATED! OMFG pWNED!

so Ming... how would you rank MVP choices?

mine are
                        1. McNair
                        2. Brady
                        3. Holmes
                        4. J.Lewis
                        5. Manning
                        who runs the routes? who pass blocks? who run blocks?

its a team game. ur inability to understand this is comical.

the only person this zealous about a sport who knows so little must be from chicago.

Comment

1. Lewis... an incredible season without much help at QB down the stretch. 2000 yards is impressive.

2. McNair... yeah, they could win with Back ups... but he played injured and did all the things the team needed to win. He was a brilliant field general and a great leader.

3. Manning... great stats, and he won games. There were many times when the game rested on his shoulders, and he delivered.

4. Brady... but just a notch below Manning. Like Imran, I give a lot of credit to the Defense...

5. Priest Holmes... what a touchdown machine. One of the best backs of all time.

As you can see... I think RB's should get more credit than they usually get in the voting.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon

why so much hate for manning? I dislike him sure. but he's a hugely valuable part to any game the colts win. and have won in years past.

where is the achilles heel?

he's durable, he can score fast or control the clock. he's accurate and intelligent. he has a very high work ethic and is team oriented. he puts up ungodly #'s(read better than neone at the qb position ever). and this year he has lead numerable 4th quarter comebacks.
                            I don't "hate" anybody in the NFL. I just think there were a lot of good stories and performances this year, and Manning's performance wasn't the big one. Dungy is far more responsible for that teams success, IMO.

And durable? The only reason he's durable is that he's a wuss who never leaves the pocket. Brett favre is durable, McNair is durable....
                            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

ha ha! I can't see what you are saying!

anyone notice all the MVP candidates were from the AFC? and they are all offensive players except for Ray Lewis with a stellar 2 votes?

Why is that? I mean, everyone always says defense wins games, but how come the MVPS are usually offensive players? Wouldn't it be the defensive leader of a team?

I like to think of the MVP like this.... it should be the player, that if injured, would hurt the team the most... but that can be deceptive too since a team's depth would come into question.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What part of my warnings are you guys not UNDERSTANDING.

The next personal comment out of either of you, and you're toast.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X