No announcement yet.

Expired Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, he has a point, but the thing is it doesn't only offend the aim of the insult, but also the subject of the wording...

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
      Ann Coulter
      [TED]

I'd hit it

[/TED]

(No I wouldn't)
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        well, he has a point, but the thing is it doesn't only offend the aim of the insult, but also the subject of the wording...
        And what is wrong with that...they offend just as many by their behaviour.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

See ya in 48 hours Stewie... you just can't leave it alone, can you.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

*does a merry little dance*
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Starchild what kind of person steals a scarf...
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Someone with a cold neck?
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Remember never re-freeze meat.
                  Really? I do that all the time with bacon (granted not with other stuff), and it always tastes fine.

Comment

Once meat is thawed, freezing it ill have no effect on slowing putrification or contamination. The freezing and thawing process breaks the cell walls, making it easier for enzymes an bacteria to spread quickly through the meat. You may as well leave it in your fridge after thawing.

Bacon may be an exception because it is doused in chems and salts.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• what if i stored it in space
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Once meat is thawed, freezing it ill have no effect on slowing putrification or contamination. The freezing and thawing process breaks the cell walls, making it easier for enzymes an bacteria to spread quickly through the meat. You may as well leave it in your fridge after thawing.

Bacon may be an exception because it is doused in chems and salts.

But... one buys meat already "thawed." Or am I missing something here?

Comment

• The following are guidelines for how long to store products once you take them home or if the sell-by date has expired. Maximum shelf life can be achieved by placing perishable food in a refrigerator at 32 to 40 degrees immediately after you get it home. Of course, you will need to look for spoilage regardless, and follow this adage: When in doubt, throw it out.
                          Roasts, steaks, chops 3-5 days (wrapped loosely)
                          Ground, chopped or stew meat 1-2 days (wrapped loosely)
                          Whole ham 7 days (wrapped tightly)
                          Cut ham 3-5 days (wrapped tightly)
                          Hot dogs 7 days after sell-by date
                          (in original wrapping)
                          Bacon 2 weeks, unopened,
                          7 days (opened and wrapped tightly)

Luncheon meats 7 days (in original package after sell-by
                          date;
                          3-5 days if opened and wrapped tightly)
                          Whole chicken, turkey, duck,
                          goose 3-5 days (wrapped loosely)
                          Cut-up poultry 3 days (wrapped loosely)
                          Fish 3 days (stored on ice and covered)
                          Fatty fish, like salmon 1-2 days (stored on ice and covered)
                          Shellfish 1-2 days (stored on ice and covered)
                          Milk 5-7 days after the sell-by date
                          Soft cheese and dairy products
                          like sour cream 3 days (covered tightly)
                          Eggs 3-5 weeks if purchased before the
                          date on the carton
                          Butter, margarine 2 weeks (covered)
                          Hard cheese 4-12 months (covered tightly)
                          -- Sources: United States Department of Agriculture; University of California
                          Cooperative Extension Service
                          So I think "Throw it out" was probably the correct answer.

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• i'm not sure i agree with chegitz's analysis
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                              But... one buys meat already "thawed." Or am I missing something here?
                              No, because something that has not yet been frozen cannot be thawed. Thawing refers to a state change, not a state.

Teddie, I grew up cooking, and me Dad has been in the resteraunt business for decades.

You may that the same amount of water, when frozen, occupies slightly more space. It has a lower density and this is why ice floats. When ice begins to melt, it actualy expands just a little more.

The exact mechanism by which the cell walls are broken I don't know. It is either that the ice crystals pierce the cell walls (which I think is less likely) or that when the cell walls are frozen the break when they are expanded but unable to stretch.

In any event, re-freezing will not extend the ediblity of your meat.

Comment

• USDA:
                                Meat and poultry defrosted in the refrigerator may be refrozen before or after cooking. If thawed by other methods, cook before refreezing.

However, most sites I found agreed that the meat would lose quality through refreezing, becoming drier and tougher.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X