No announcement yet.

20,000 Feared Dead in Iran Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people see this as tragedy, some people just don't simply care, and some people feel a little good about this... which is sick.

Anyway, this is an opportunity. Yeah, they aren't all radicals or what ever, this is the perfect opportunity to help and win those minds and hearts. Just perfect!

I don't think what my coming opinion in the possible conflict in Iran will be, but no matter what it is, we should all help. If we think 'well they hate us every other day', then it's people against people, not nations policies in conflict. And that's not good. That's like anti-semitism or something.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Besides, regardless of what the situation is between nations, this is still human tragedy. So even if we would be enemies, we should still help. If we was in war, we should hit the pause button for a second and help. We're talking about civilians. I'm sure there are freedom loving folks there. AND the ones that don't like the west and hates the US especially, well they've been taught to do that. We know it, so should we feel good about them dying, or not help, or should we forgive it and help? I think almost everyone deserves to be forgiven, almost, and I believe these people are in that list.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

just reminding people... in Iran... it's the government who hates us... not the people... in fact, most of the younger generation wants Democracy and hates the Ayatollahs.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Obviously the thing to do is to help...regardless of politics. It just so happens that with the younger generation being more open to democratic ideas, that this is a good opportunity to work on those hearts and minds. Iran, because of this very situation, should be a long term project...if only we can eliminate the support for terrorism and WMD programs. Otherwise...
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
            Obviously the thing to do is to help...regardless of politics. It just so happens that with the younger generation being more open to democratic ideas, that this is a good opportunity to work on those hearts and minds. Iran, because of this very situation, should be a long term project...if only we can eliminate the support for terrorism and WMD programs. Otherwise...

bombing the **** outa their country isn't a good way to win their hearts and minds...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

who feels good about it?

that's messed up...
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted Striker, yeah... I'm sure that huge majority is not enjoying about it... so that's good.
                In da butt.

Comment

I'm surprised that a wimpy 6.3 earthquake can kill up to 20k people.

We had a 6.7 one here a fews days ago, it killed 2 people.

Comment

you mean that we have that thing in undersiege 2 where you can cause earthquakes anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                      you mean that we have that thing in undersiege 2 where you can cause earthquakes anywhere?
                      You looney, I live in California, near the San Andrea fault line.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Merciless
                        I'm surprised that a wimpy 6.3 earthquake can kill up to 20k people.

We had a 6.7 one here a fews days ago, it killed 2 people.
                        Sadly in some parts of the world it is more important to have a building than a building code.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                          Our government seems to think so.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            bombing the **** outa their country isn't a good way to win their hearts and minds...

If they hate their rulers as much as you claim, bombing the **** out of their government may, though

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

If they hate their rulers as much as you claim, bombing the **** out of their government may, though
                              unfortunately, as advanced as our weapons are, the people picking the targets aren't as smart as the bombs they are dropping.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm curious as to what you would consider "harsh" if these are mild comments.
                                i could give you a taste, but i'd get banned several times for a single post.
                                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                                X