Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Literary Analysis of Apolyton Posters

Literary Analysis of Apolyton Posters

Oh well, I’ve been reading a great deal of the New York Book Review and of Gore Vidal recently and so I thought I’d give this a whirl (apologies if I don’t really seem that connected to the recent community- it has to do with real life interfering with my Apolyton-reading times)

(Feel free to add your own literary analyses below or to comment upon my own )

[And yes... some ‘facts’ might be a bit wrong. But I was going more for humor than ‘facts’... but please point out any errors or inconsistencies and feel free to laugh along with me and suggest any further posters whom I shouldst characterize.]

Lazarus and the Gimp-

First off, I’d like to give apropos to this timeless curmudgeon. I keep coming back to his articles day after day to see what new insight he has to give into the state of man, nature, and the world.

His dry British wit gives new meaning to the phrase “world-weary traveler.” Due to his vast experiences and work as a freelance magazine author, researching information about the “Bad Popes” and “Horny Rulers of Ancient Europe” (sic-Not the right titles of his works, I know... But they lend the tone), he has established himself as one of the more well-read posters on the site.

Even though he seems to bitterly disregard the world and everything in it, he takes a quite pragmatic approach to everything- making light of the very things that would turn other peoples to severe depression.

Lazarus is a veteran flame-warrior whom many would appreciate upon their side in a brawl. His dry wit and endless sarcasm so deeply undercut other posters weaknesses and reduce them to a pile of blithering idiocy.

To end with, I would like to note that Lazarus is not merely a one-dimensional flame-warrior or “world-weary” cynicist. He has his warm side too, giving aid and accolades to those he truly respects, and generally treating all he meets with the greatest respect.

Sava

Ah, now a discussion of this Russian Literary Debate Giant. Sava is a firm believer in Russian Nationalism and the strength of the old “Evil Empire” as the Americansk prefer to refer to it. Sava presents a too-little heard version of international politics in this day and age of Amero-and Euro-centrism.

Sava’s daily diatribes and polemics leave each of us wondering about our own pre-conceived notions. He backs up his debates with extensive facts and personal experience, leading us to wonder just how well-written our nation’s histories are.

In fact, Sava’s views differ so much from the common caractitures of history that we are led to wonder whether he is correct or whether the world is mad. Now, as has been shown, history has commonly lied, and both sides of many tales have never been told. Therefore, I tell all you armchair generals- listen to Sava- what he speaks may very well be wisdom. Revel in your Marshall Zukhov’s and eternal Russian Empires- it just may have happened... And it may still yet happen.

Don’t ignore this man. One day he will be an even more prominent force in the literary field.

panag

“hello; ,, ... have a nice day.”

With those four short words and accompanying punctuation marks, panag sets a good tone for the day.

The common inanity of his messages notwithstanding, panag is an important force in the literary community. Like e.e. cummings and posters such as ghen before him, panag lends the forum a very unique flavor. The forum is not Apolyton without panag and, we might like to think, panag is not panag without the forum. Our community has shaped him, and he has shaped the community.

The man is omnipresent, popping up everywhere to discuss democracy games, military matters, or states of Israel’s affairs. He has something to say about everything, and nothing evil to say about those very few upon whom he expends the mental effort to dislike.

He has had few altercations (some recent demogame quarrels notwithstanding) and yet, strangely enough, he has become reviled throughout the literary community! This humble reviewer puts that reviling down to a case of jealousy on the part of those who happen to revile him. In fact, this reviewer must admit to a modicum of jealousy on his own part when he notes that the man has more posts than him... Panag has authored an enormous body of work- one that might only be fully deciphered and decoded and authored into essay form many years from now.

panag must truly enjoy the literary form to spend so much time of his day upon it, dedicating time between flights betwixt the Great Capitals of Europe debating and discussing with literary fluff-heads and insulting anarchists and beguiling anti-semites. And, he should be respected for it.

And, he is not always inane. Sometimes he takes the time to think and to debate- especially in the off-topic... However, as has been noticed of late, he has become involved in several discussions, most notably with the venerable Sava, and has, when discussing deep topics- briefly forgotten his kind demeanor and dropped his salutations and farewells.

Nevertheless, panag remains a literary forum force, one that has been sorely missed during his extended vacation in the Mingapulco isles... or wherever his form has floated.

Long live panag!
    Long live Apolyton!
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

You're mad
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Comment is accepted

{end directive}

---
      I had thought about doing one about you- but didn't quite know what exactly to say
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You're mad and bored

How is your novel coming along?
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I just sent off the queries to DAW and TOR!

thanks for asking!
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Now that I've finished the novel, I can probably dedicate more time to Apolyton (unless I decide to start work on my 'other' novels and short stories...) Interestingly enough I just completed a 1,500 word short story yesterday about a Dragon Committing Suicide

Reviews of that particular venture have been mixed
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I really appreciate all the help that the apolyton crowd gave me on the medical advice... that really gave the scene some realism that had been sorely lacking before... now the entire novel is AAA-list quality
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

ME! ME! Analyze ME!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, and UR is correct... you are mad .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sava is a Russian Nationalist? I thought Serb is the resident cult worshiper of the old evil empire. Sava just hates Republicans and Southerners.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Okay, I have to go soon, but I'll give it my best shot-

Imran Siddiqui

A major force in the conservative community, Imran Siddiqui has crawled his way from humble beginnings as a humble threadmaster for the CivIII-List into Off-Topic Stardom with his staunch defense of Conservative American Business and Trade. Along with Dinodoc, Imran provides a refreshing alternative to the Eurocoms, and a more alluring siren's call than the psychotic republicans, as represented by Bob Dornan and the indominable Lonestar.

Imran also happens to enjoy a bit of sports-writing now and again. His fantasy baseball leagues have proven extremely popular with the masses, thereby voiding the common belief that conservatives are far too aloof to understand the common man. Imran's leagues, simultating true free market, where everyone has the same chance to succeed- bring together both strong and weak, rich and poor in a cutthroat alliance where every man is a self made man, and no one is anyone's friend.

Imran's debates and Imran's actions both illustrate a strongly driven man- but there is a kinder, gentler side to him as well. His coffee-shop humor and general good-naturedness have endeared him to the forum bougeoise as well as the forum "scumma-de-terra" as represented by the Warlords, and Chieftans, and Settlers.

I think that we can all look forward to many more years of continued contributions from this literary personage, as he shows no sign of flagging in elder age, and in fact appears quite dedicated to the noble empire we call Apolyton. Imran is a good illustration of the old adage that "from humble beginnings come great men."

So hail to thee, for you are a greater man than I, ISiddiqui

-->Visit CGN!

Comment

I think I confused Serb and Sava

I suppose I really am mad
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Imran, such shameless begging will get you nowhe...

oh.

Do me! ME!!!!

Comment

Sorry John, but you'll have to wait until tommorrow.
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                              X