Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that didn't suck, but should have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. One thing I always wanted to do in the game was jump. How hard is that to program?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
      I agree. One thing I always wanted to do in the game was jump. How hard is that to program?
      yup...

good call
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Old School - three 30-somethings go back to college and start a fraternity? Who woulda thunk it.

Evil Dead - made for about $350,000 with nobodies, spawned the directing career of Sam Raimi and made Bruce Campball (sp) a cult star.

The Rock's acting career - We all remember Hulk Hogan in "The Nanny"...but the Rock has broken the wrestler-turned-actor stereotype.

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's Rap CD - Not only is it hilarious, but the rapping is decent.

The 2003 Chicago Cubs - The Cubs made the NLCS, and were 5 outs away from the World Series? Harry Carey's spinning in his grave.

Mitch Hedburg - His comedy is rambling and often incoherent...and perhaps the funniest out there.

Tough Crowd - Colin Quinn is hosting a show? Should be crap, but it ain't.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Evil Dead - made for about $350,000 with nobodies, spawned the directing career of Sam Raimi and made Bruce Campball (sp) a cult star.
          YES... PURE ****ING GENIUS!

We all remember Hulk Hogan in "The Nanny"...
          omfg Suburban Commando was uber l337 hax0rz

Tough Crowd - Colin Quinn is hosting a show? Should be crap, but it ain't.
          yes... it is crap...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            yes... it is crap...
            that's like poop telling vomit it stinks.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

it depends what kind of vomit... if it's vomit from like asparagus, jack daniels and pakistani food... then **** might smell a lot better.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you know, i think i liked you better when you were a woman, sava.[/triumph mode]
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

woman? oh you mean the lexa doig avatar?

afaik I've always had a penis... so I dunno what else u could mean
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Anything by Eminem aka Marshal Mathers. Many people hate him and yet he still shows decent SUKcess.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

eminem is okay... his act is kind of old now... I get more entertainment, however, at listening to all the eminem haterz... especially the people mad at his use of the word "******" and "gay".

People offended by those words accusing him of being a bigot should step back and take a look at American language and slang... using those words doesn't make you a bigot. It's not eminem's fault that bigoted language has become mainstream slang. ****** used to be mainstream slang and used by people (and still used) who aren't necessarily racists. In fact, I think it's more disturbing that black people call each other ****** or nigga than when white racists do it. I mean, jesus, white racism has won when blacks use those slurs to proudly describe themselves or their friends.

Anyways, eminem is a talented rapper, and he's a got a good production team headed by Dre. his music is good... I even thought he was good in 8 mile, which surprised the hell outta me.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not to threadjack, but it really makes my skin crawl when other gays and lesbians use the word "***" with the same disregard for its ugliness that african-descendants use the word "******" with. "Gay" and "queer" aren't so bothersome, but "***" and "******" - among others - have no place in civilized language.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                          Not to threadjack, but it really makes my skin crawl when other gays and lesbians use the word "***" with the same disregard for its ugliness that african-descendants use the word "******" with. "Gay" and "queer" aren't so bothersome, but "***" and "******" - among others - have no place in civilized language.
                          I sort of agree... I think it's wrong to use language that offends other people... but at the same time, some people need to lighten up and look at the context and meaning in which it is used.

It's hard for me to not say "oh that's gay" or use the insult "oh you are a ***" because its how I grew up... I try to make a conscious effort, but I'm not perfect. And while I do use that language IRL, I'm not a bigot or anything. I hate most everyone and I think people suck and they should mostly die; but I'm not a racist or homophobe or anything like that. I think society should be fair and treat people equally.

It's a shame that "jewish" is used to describe someone cheap... or that "gay" has become a substitute for "lame" or "stupid". But that's the way language and slang terminology work. It's hard to break habits like that. The best we can do is educate our children to not speak like that and make a conscious effort not to use that language that offends others.

But people need to not have victim complexes when it comes to those kinds of terms. Just because someone is ignorant and uses that language, doesn't make them a racist or bigot.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Horrible, horrible joke about GWB's mother just popped into my mind...wait, no...yes...no, no...YES...but I'm wisely not posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                              Horrible, horrible joke about GWB's mother just popped into my mind...wait, no...yes...no, no...YES...but I'm wisely not posting it.
                              OH COME ON... at least PM it to me!

who gives a **** about babs bush anywys? she's an evil old crusty *****
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

EDIT: If you hadn't read this one, you're too late now. And no, it wasn't the original one I thought of.
                                Last edited by DRoseDARs; December 25, 2003, 04:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X