Apolyton Christmas story- The Little Stein-Seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Christmas story- The Little Stein-Seller

If this bears any resemblance to its original version by Hans Christian Anderson, it's going to be a fairly short story this year. Then again, Anderson never felt a burning desire to cram in as many references to crudely deviant sexual practices as I do. Enjoy...

The Little Stein Seller

It was a bitterly cold Christmas Eve in Apolytonia, but there was a warm and golden light in the air. Three years ago Comrade Chegitz had successfully unionised the chimney-sweeps- they were now beginning their third year on strike and the many blazing roof-fires about the city put a rosy glow on the beggars faces as they lay around festively dying of hypothermia.

Through the deep and powdery snow trudged the little Greek stein-seller, with his tray of monstrous tat bearing the motif "My words are backed with 5 divisions of Hussars!". Little Markos bent into the driving blizzard and wondered how he had ever fallen so low. Only last year he was making an easy living as a match-seller for Runcible Asher, and had made easy pennies selling boxes of matches to passing smokers, arsonists and revolutionaries. Sadly, Master Asher had been caught up in a lengthy feud with Urbediah Ranger who maintained that tinder-boxes were inherently superior and more reliable than matches (which were crippled by a clumsy interface and a tendency to snappage). The argument was to be settled in the traditional manner between gentlemen- attempting to hack each other's lungs out in a duel early one morning- but all such plans were dropped when Urbediah became a magistrate and promptly had Asher deported to the colonies. Now he had to creep around town with his tray of steins.

Little Markos paused for a while in the shelter provided by a large Tailor's shop. It was the premises of Messrs Meier and Reynolds, those famously eccentric purveyors of fine clothing to the discerning whose garments had one peculiar feature- despite being brand-new they still required patches in order to maintain a semblance of decency. The wind whipped in from the dockside and all passers-by were swaddled in furs and scarves, with the exception of the muscular young matelots outside of the "Godunov & Fun Mission for Seamen" who were striking a succession of dramatic poses whilst oiling each other's pectorals. The only other person not properly dressed was the poor little stein-seller, who was so poor that his shoes were mere banana-skins and his ragged clothing was only held together by saliva and bogies. Ah, yes- only the secretions from his poor little head kept his unmentionables out of the unflinching gaze of the cruel wind, and the rude little boys who would point at his willie.

A ragged man lay on the steps leading up to the shop's entrance. At first, Markos thought it might have been his old friend Vincent Van Solver- the kindly old artist best-known for his series of portaits depicting Apolytonia's most prominent faces in a, to be blunt, slightly sycophantic blaze of glory. However, he quickly remembered that it was well over a year since Vincent's last portrait which meant that the workshy old layabout had either spent the last year energetically boffing his models, or had starved to death. On the balance of past form he suspected the latter.

He sidled closer to the semi-conscious heap on the stairs. Clearly the unfortunate man had fallen foul of Bacchus, for he appeared to have a large bunch of Dahlias emanating from his buttocks and bore the distinct and sharp odour of wee. Markos timidly prodded the comatose man.

The musty-smelling heap twitched. " 'k off!" it mumbled. " 'king Ben Affleck!".

Recognition flashed through Markos's mind like a Siberian streaker. "Good Good!" he ejaculated. "Is that really you, Archbishop Zylka?"

To be continued/concluded.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Three years ago Comrade Chegitz had successfully unionised the chimney-sweeps- they were now beginning their third year on strike and the many blazing roof-fires about the city put a rosy glow on the beggars faces as they lay around festively dying of hypothermia.

Godunov & Fun Mission for Seamen

Keep em coming.

(I hope in this story I'm not covered in ****... but of course I probably will be )
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Your writing is, as always, very entertaining.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I should work some of the newer members in. Unfortunately that noble aim is hindered by the fact that I know little about them, and care less.

Comment

How much do you really need to know about somebody who's going to be used as cannon fodder?
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Looking goos I can't wait to see the next adventures of Archibshop Zylka
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The sole remaining poster who will make me open a dictionary. Not now because I'm tired as hell but in general.

Comment

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

This really should be:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                    How much do you really need to know about somebody who's going to be used as cannon fodder?
                    It means so much more when the cannonball in question has their name on it.

Comment

B♭3

Comment

Quality.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Looking forward to more.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And hoping/fearing that I will actually make it into the story.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

more!
                              "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Working...
                              X