The gaming platforms of our lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari 2600
    A bunch of Nintendo Handheld machines-the really old Nintendo electronic games
    NES
    SNES
    Then I got a PC.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

-Amiga2000
      -Amiga4000/30
      -then a short intermezzo with a Sony Playstation
      -PC

My brother had a C64 earlier, software on tape, that was cool. especially when you waited 30 minutes for some games to load only to realize that they crashed then

But some of the games were absolutely addictive
      Blah

Comment

NES
        SNES
        N64
        PC
        Original Gameboy (The "Toaster Edition" I call it)
        Pocket Gameboy
        Gameboy Color
        Gameboy Advance
        I Bet you thought I was going to say Game Boy SP, huh?
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I played arcade games in the 70s and 80s, but I never owned a system until my brother introduced me to Starflight. After that I bought a PC. I've never owned a console, but the kids have Game Boys. We're thinking about buying them a Gamecube for Christmas.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I have a Tandy 1000 (which still works, surprisingly)
            Then my PC, upgraded over the years.

When I get more money I should change the PCs case - I forget what colour it originally was.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

My wife bought the Gamecube, and I must admit that it is suprising fun We play it more than the X-box (I am not into FPS)
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

Nah, if anything I'll buy the Xbox and get a few first person fighters (Halo, etc...) Perfect Dark 2 is supposed to come out on xbox I hear.
                Halo's on the computer, too.

Comment

Am I the only one to own (well, have owned) an actual arcade machine? I think that Ming and/or Rah might have a couple of pinball machines, but anybody else?

Comment

My family got its first computer in the early 80s, an Atari 800. A little later we got a TI994A. We didn't get our first PC until late. The one I'm using now is an AMD 500 megahertz with a 10 gigabyte hard drive. Also at my house there is a Pentium with an 80 gigabyte hard drive.

Atari games I remember fondly include PacMan, Typo, Jumpman, Qix, The Search for the Most Amazing Thing, Ball Blazer, and Zork 2. I never played Civ1 until after Civ2. One of my first PC games was Dune 2.

My first console was a SNES. I also have a PS1, a PS2 and a green black and white pocket Gameboy.

On my SNES, I have the three Super Star Wars games, the three Super Mario Brothers games, and Sim City among others, my favorite of which is Sim City, although I haven't used my SNES in a long time.

I only have a couple of games on my PS2, my favorite is Voyager Elite Force. I mostly use the PS2 to watch movies.

I occasionally played the original Nintendo before I got my SNES. I have several games for my Gameboy, but the only one I play any more is Tetris. I liked the Sega game Columns, and Sonic the Hedgehog seemed fun.

Comment

i started out with:

NES
                      Genesis
                      old 286 comp
                      SNES
                      gameboy

And then I stopped playing console and most PC games until Dreamcast came around. then:

233mhz PC
                      DC
                      1 gig PC
                      PS2

When I got ps2 I got a chance to play alot of ps1 games I wanted to play. I seem to have missed out on a really good gaming years....

Then theres arcades in the early 90s... Competition for street figher games were so fun back then... Its probably why im so obsessed with fighting games. (even though community is dying.. )

Games I remember fondly and obsessed with over the years:

As already mentioned: Street fighter for arcades
                      NES- duck hunt. I begged my mom to get me that gun......
                      Genesis- Sonic series. Sonic is still addictive!
                      SNES- Final Fantasy VI, Chrono trigger and mariokart
                      DC- Virtua tennis, Soul calibur, Street fighter Alpha 3, Marvel VS capcom....

PC games: Civ I I remember when my dad's friend came to fix the 486 we had, he let me borrow his civ. because i had no manual i had to figure out everything by myself. And I eventually memorized those stupid quizzes that tested whether you bought the game or not

And other pc games i played way too much (and got carried away in trying to get really good in) Quake I, Simcity, Doom, Wolf3d, Command and conquer, Starcraft.....
                      Last edited by Zero; December 23, 2003, 06:04.
                      :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        My wife bought the Gamecube, and I must admit that it is suprising fun We play it more than the X-box (I am not into FPS)
                        I went half/half with my brother for the Gamecube, but it sits idle for a long, long time.

The Xbox gets tons of play. My brother is back in town and hogs the TV at all hours for it basically (he's got one back at uni too). He's playing ESPN Hockey on Xbox Live (I get to hear him yell things like "Hat trick! Hahaha! Might wanna pull Brodeur, the bastard." ), or any variety of racing games.

I'm getting 3 Xbox Live games for Christmas, yay.

Last time the Gamecube was played was when we rented Double Dash...and man...

I don't know if the people who think it's great has played the N64 recently. There was more skill required in the N64 version, and it's more fun. Double Dash is cluttered visually, and more of the same, but removing things like the "hop"... Grr, Nintendo, Grr.

I regret buying the GCN.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

i only have xbox and Gcn for one purpose only:

Soul calibur II.

Well xbox might be played for other reasons when I get mine modded (therefore allowing me to play downloaded games )

Still deciding whether not buying xbox game >>> Xbox live experience..... grrrr
                          :-p

Comment

Live r0x0r my b0x0rs.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Did no-one else have a Binatone? It only had Pong and some BMX game, which you controlled with a single handle that turned, just like on the Pong arcade games. It was great at the time, but looking back, was pretty useless.

Comment

I'm not surprised no one bought the N-Gage.
                                -30-

Comment

Working...
                                X