No announcement yet.

Time Person of the Year: American soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time has been only covering issues from anglo-american viewpoint during the last decade or so. The whole 'person of the year' -thing, OTOH has never been nothing but a joke. They just pick up the person which has (have?) been most trendy in the past years media coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Yeah, let's make the henchmen person(s) of the year :
      I would think I'd rate at least "Minion".
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Besides, I'd thought they would at least be "Oppressors".

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
          Time has been only covering issues from anglo-american viewpoint during the last decade or so. The whole 'person of the year' -thing, OTOH has never been nothing but a joke. They just pick up the person which has (have?) been most trendy in the past years media coverage.
          Since when did Henry Luce's magazine ever cover the news other than from an American perspective?

Comment

It shudda been Bush. I don't like was he's been doing but his policies were paramount in changing the world during this last year. How could it be anyone but him?

Comment

Cause Time is run by leftist commies . Didn't you know that ZKribbler?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I dunno. I wouldn't think that left-wing commies would vote for American G.I.'s.

Comment

Of course they would... you see how they are getting killed because of evil right wing government policies?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X