No announcement yet.

I want the 9th Circuit to have my baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had everything to do with nationality and had NOTHING to do with race no matter how many times you repeat it.

SUCH BULL****!

Why did all Japanese go? Even US citizens? Were they loyal to the emperor? Did they say they were? NO! They were concentrated because they were Japanese. It was racism at its basest level.

One of the worst periods in US history.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran's right, it was about race not nationality. It didn't matter if the people of Japanese descent were fully assimilated apple-pie eating Americans, they were detained anyhow.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

It didn't matter if the people of Japanese descent were fully assimilated apple-pie eating Americans, they were detained anyhow.

Utterly shameful .

I bet 99% of those detained had no nefarious goals.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Probably closer to 99.9%

I don't know if we managed to round up our Japanese first, or if we let you take the lead on that one.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And they didn't round up German or Italian Americans nor did they require German or Italian Americans in the US military go only to the Pacific like they ordered the Nisei division to Europe.

Comment

Guys, it was the emperor thing. The German no longer had an emperor. They did in WWI, and I understand there were restrictions placed on the Germans at that time.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

You mean German Americans weren't allowed to fight the Hun in WWI? Or were they sent to Turkey? I suspect it had nothing to do with emporers but with racism and familiarity, Germans had lived in the USA from the beginning and them Japanese were...well...you know...foreign.

Comment

Guys, it was the emperor thing.

Priceless.

I guess if the Brits ended up on different sides in WW II, we'd be rounding people up of British descent. Or does it only work for guy Emperors?
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Emperors... that must be the silliest thing I've read on this forum... well, since yesterday .

Comment

Imran, Silly or not, it was THE fundamental reason for the order, it WAS discussed by the Supreme Court, it WAS the reason that the Supremes foung the order lawful.

What you are doing, Imran, is falling into the trap that reasons stated by the government and the Supreme Court are not the real reasons. This is conspiracy thinking.

As to Germans during WWI, I had a friend whose grandfather was a German in the US at that time. He was telling me some of the restrictions placed on them. That was some time ago, so I no longer remember the details.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Silly or not, it was THE fundamental reason for the order, it WAS discussed by the Supreme Court, it WAS the reason that the Supremes foung the order lawful.

Bull****, bull****, bull****. It was racism, pure and simple. If the Germans had an emperor there is no chance they'd be thrown into concentration camps.

What you are doing, Imran, is falling into the trap that reasons stated by the government and the Supreme Court are not the real reasons. This is conspiracy thinking.

Or rather realizing that the government and Court is trying to cover up the true reasons for their orders because, GUESS WHAT, government's LIE! I know that is hard for you to understand, but it happens.

As to Germans during WWI, I had a friend whose grandfather was a German in the US at that time. He was telling me some of the restrictions placed on them.

Was one of them being ripped from their homes and having to live in a camp set up by the US Army? NO? Then you just prove my point yet again.

Comment

So, Imran, you absolutely DENY that the Japanese had any loyalty at all to their Emperor?

Comment

So, Imran, you absolutely DENY that the Japanese had any loyalty at all to their Emperor?

I'm sure plenty of did have no loyalty to the Emperor of Japan.

Comment

A) so you think that it is a fallacy to DOUBT THE GOVERNMENT?!

B) it's not conspiracy theory, it's called cynicism

Comment

Germany did have an Emperor during WWII in a sense. They called their gov't the Third Reich after all.

I'm sure that the vast majority of Japanese-Americans didn't take their orders from Hirohito just like the vast majority of Italian-Americans didn't take orders from Mussolini and the vast majority of German-Americans didn't take orders from Hitler. You're the person inventing racist conspiracy theories, no better than bringing up Papism or the Elders of Zion.
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X