No announcement yet.

Religious versus Secular law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, but 'freedom' is your ethical law.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Counting on 'ethics' is just as stupid as counting on 'religion'. Ethics are nothing more but a product of the invididual itself, and it's religion has been created just to sanctify those ethics. If the invididuals which form the community have all almost the same range of thought (which usually equals background), it may work. In wider communities, it's results will be catastrophical, since ethics of the ruling class have not been defined properly.

Laws have been created to standardize the ethics of the community. In democracies, 'ruling class' = all citizens.

...or thats how I've always seen it. Please don't get mad at me if that was just a total piece of bs.

What's the exact definition of 'religion' in this poll, or rather, what would be a 'non-religious' person? People have so many meanings to even the most basic terms in these days...

Comment

Moral law. This has nothing to do, by the way, with religious law.
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

True, but 'freedom' is your ethical law.
          Yes, but ethics vary just like religion and secularism while the meaning of freedom does not vary. That's why I would apply religious or secular law (or ethical law) to an outside standard - a principle to constrain what can be legislated under religion or secularism...

Comment

Working...
          X