Blood for Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood for Oil

One lie that the right has sought to purport is that we are not in the middle of an oil war.

The facts:
    Oilproduction in the U.S has fallen 30 percent since 1970. The oil production in the UK Northsea oilfields is going to fall severely in the coming years.Until 2030 the demand for oil will be 30 percent higher than it is today.

While the Iraqi adventure has recieved a lot of media attention, Bush and Blair have quietly moved in to take control of the West-African oilfields.

However the one surefire proof that the oil business is nervous is that Shell and BP is currently investing heavily in sustainable energy solutions.

Latest in a line of uninformed dumbasses.
    Get your facts straight, kid.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'd like to agree with you, but you're speaking as a raving lunatic, you're not giving sources (you can never have enough of 'em), and you're using shaky logic in your last claim (about Shell and BP). Who knows if they're not just good 'ol fellows trying to find envirofriendly sources? Eh. They probably are nervous, but it's not enough to base your argument on. I'll bet a few of the horse buggy investors started investing in automobiles too, does that make them nervous or just good investors?
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Here, son. I even went to a damned Russkie source for you.
        Don't EVEN try calling it a devil-Republican source.

The U.S currently imports a small amount of crude oil from Iraq. In November 2002, Iraq supplied 380,000 barrels per day of crude oil to the U.S. For the entire year, Iraq supplied about 450,000 barrels per day to the U.S. or less than 3 percent of U.S. oil consumption. Iraq provides roughly the same percentage of total world oil consumption.

Кем были жены Прохора Шаляпина. Биографии, истории знакомства, семейная жизнь, причины развода с бывшими супругами.

Now, what other mistakes would you like me to clear up for you?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No the thing is. If oil is safe, then why would oil companies invest in sustainable energy?

When people claimed that this war was about oil, the rightwing liars went out and claimed "no, the oil is safe, we've got plenty oil here."

Comment

Lie eh?

THERE IS OIL IN IRAQ!!!! Is there anyone here who didn't know this, anyone? Of course it is an oil war, just like it is a humaitarioan war, a war of liberation, a war agains terror, and a war against dictators. Bush, Powell, Rumsfeld stated almost from the begining that oil was imoportant. It simply wssn't the issue they leaned on most. One of their first policy agreemenst on the coming war was how to deal with the oil. And considering that oil is what will eventually pay for Iraqi reconstruction, I think it was very much on their minds, especially if it will increase world oil supply and reduce prices WORLDWIDE!!!!

But since Iraq is of course ONLY about one issue, name me another war that had only one motive at its heart.

-Pat
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

oops

Comment

Ok. Now you say that the war is about oil. Why did they not say that before the war. No it was consistently refused that the War was about oil. And to support that they said "we've got plenty of oil."

Comment

They never said oil wasn't a factor Tripledoc, just that it wasn't the only or overriding factor.

The Reps have always argued big L litle O (Liberation/Oil), left argue big O little L. And since both sides are politicials and each is scewing the data, it is probobly somewhere in the middle.

-Pat
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Here, son.

Now, what other mistakes would you like me to clear up for you?
                    The fact that youre not his Dad would be a start

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

The fact that youre not his Dad would be a start
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No the thing is. If oil is safe, then why would oil companies invest in sustainable energy?
                        Curiosity. Perhaps they're seeing if a highly-refined wind or solar or hydrogen etc solution would be more profitable than oil? Never thought about that did you?
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The development of interest in West African oil hasn't been exactly "hush-hush," Tripledoc.

It's been covered in the media frequently ... if I remember right, either Knight Ridder or The Associated Press had a special series of articles detailing this interest back in February or March. There's been other stories as well ... so the information is there; just because you and others don't always take the time to read it doesn't mean it's some grand conspiracy on the part of Bush and Blair.

Last I heard, the United States was still in negotiations with various West African nations to allow for a U.S. naval base.

Gatekeeper
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

Curiosity. Perhaps they're seeing if a highly-refined wind or solar or hydrogen etc solution would be more profitable than oil? Never thought about that did you?
                            perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledoc
                              Anybody remotely interested and knowledgable about the petrochemical industry can tell you that over the past decade, if not longer, oil companies are changing their approach and attitude towards their business - they're not just "oil" companies but "energy" companies. Given this, it is not surprising that they are expanding their current markets into other sources of energy.

Cite on the North Sea quote?

Comment

Working...
                              X