Revised New York Freedom Tower Unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised New York Freedom Tower Unveiled

Here are some pictures. It looks very beautiful to me and seems to "say" the appropriate kinds of things. Its link to the Statue of Liberty just seems like it was meant to be in the first place (before the World Trade Center). Hopefully, it can look as good as the artist's rendition.

Attached Files
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

The "Freedom Tower" ?

:vomit:

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't like one single tower- looks so isolated compared to what is around it.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Underwhelmed.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Why does every thing have to be Freedom this or this Freedom?

I agree, the name sucks
          Monkey!!!

Comment

cheesy name most certainly.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

This just works. I was skeptical upon seeing the first drawings.
              Attached Files
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

At least it will be taller than Shanghai's Crushing Oppression Building.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

But a very pretty tower just the same.

Now if the finished product will look anything like the architect's concept is to be seen.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Wouldn't it be terrorist target #1? I hate to admit it but I would hesitate to move in.

Comment

Underwhelmed.
                      I was very underwhelmed the first time, but not this time. Maybe I'm just in a better mood today and it strikes me differently.

Comment

Not particularly inspiring.
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Well, if that's the concensus of New Yorkers, they ought to put it through another round of review and revision. Y'all are going to have to be looking at it each day. Not me.

Comment

Perhaps I'm so critical because I feel somewhat possessive of my skyline. Since this is the view I look out at every day from my office, I am a bit particular about it. I liked that the WTC was so massive, and this just doesn't have that kind of grandeur. It's pretty in a rather generic kind of way, but hardly majestic.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well, most NewYorkers hated the World Trade Towers when they were first built...but after they were gone, the New York skyline looks rather naked.

So I guess you get used to things after a while (even those things that in the past you didn't like).
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                              X