OUCH! Widow Indicts Bush For 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH! Widow Indicts Bush For 9/11

On Hardball with Chris Mathews, the widow of a man killed when the #2 World Trade Center collapsed laid blame for her husband's death squarely at the feet of Bush, Rumsfeld et al. When asked what she would have done to prevent the totality of 9/11 she said the Bush administration could have warned Americans about the potential of hijacked airlines being used as missiles based on prior intelligence, including a plot to use an Egyptian airliner as a missile a few years back. Instead, Bush sat before a group of children for ~25 minutes and Rumsfeld sat at his desk for ~45 minutes until the Pentagon was hit...

Not only would the occupants of the second tower (actually both towers) been given advance warning so they could have started evacuating immediately instead of wondering it the attack on the first tower was an accident, the passengers on board the other planes would have had warning and could have prevented the hijackers from accomplishing their missions ala UA 93... And that's just for starters and doesn't rely on what could have been done via airport/airline security, just the information that hijacking airliners for use as missiles was possible given intelligence at the time...

I don't know, I've been reluctant to blame Bush for 9/11 but this woman has obvioulsy been studying what happened and she put into words the ineptness with which the Bush administration acted before and during the attack...

Yeah, hindsight is great, isn't it? I bet the Catholic church is still kicking itself about how it failed to prevent the Reformation.

Comment

I know, lets put her as head of security, whatever the title may be, and see how she fares.

Comment

If you ask me, it was her fault for letting her husband go to work.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't agree, it's not like the intelligence community was oblivious to the potential of such an attack inspite of Condoleeza Rice's claim no one could have predicted the use of airliners as missiles. I suspect we weren't warned because of the impact on the airline business, etc. But I'd call the failure to warn Americans negligent... People in those towers and on those airliners had no information about what was happening and that was a result of the government not informing us about what Al Qaida had in the works... Hell, I hadn't heard of Al Qaida until 9/11...

Comment

If you ask me, it was her fault for letting her husband go to work.
            Maybe if the government had warned people that airliners might be hijacked and used as missiles, your sarcasm might be somewhat valid. Then had her husband remained in the 2nd tower based on the belief the 1st tower was just an accident he would carry some responsibility for his choice not to evacuate immediately...

Comment

They wouldn't have evacuated all highrises in America on a tip like that.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

But the people in the building told the employees to go back into the second tower. Someone should have told them to evacuate the second building after knowing two things:

1.) This was probably the terrorist attack that intelligence had indicated would happen

2.) They knew that there were other planes that had diverted from their flight paths
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

okay so what if someone said Al Qaida is going to use an airplane as a missle. okay, and they could use a van to blow up a building. Or a person can walk into a bar with a bomb strapped to his chest and blow himself up. But that doesnt mean that we're going to inspect every van, and person who walks into a night club. So what if we had been informed that they could use an airplane as a missle, whats that mean?

Comment

It means someone would have done something when four hijacked airliners start heading for the biggest metropolises in this country.
                    the good reverend

Comment

I never heard anything about the control towers having the knowledge that the planes were hijacked, as far as I understood they were simply off course and not responding to communications.

Comment

shoulda, coulda, woulda

yadda, yadda, yadda
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I bet the Catholic church is still kicking itself about how it failed to prevent the Reformation.

Space05us and MrFun are right on this issue.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            I bet the Catholic church is still kicking itself about how it failed to prevent the Reformation.

. . . . . . . and MrFun are right on this issue.

You feeling alright there, Imran??
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Even a blind horse can find water sometimes.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X