No announcement yet.

Asher computer question thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The paper-saving act, that makes people print more paper on forms. Is that like the time-saving requriement of the IRS which gfives you more crap to read on the 1040?

I still think the OS ought to enable a prnt screen that works with less clicks. Not making me go trhough paint. Just automate it. That's what computers are for.

ASHER QUESTION 2:

How do I change (increase) the number of windows shown on the bottom toolbar (before it groups them)? I have Win XP home.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      How on earth is it user friendly to print out directory listings from Explorer?

That's ass-backwards and if they added that feature it'd be nothing but bloat.
      Since when do they care about bloat?
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        only if you tell me what TCO means. I know what GP is already, now tell tco.
        I know.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
          I am not a computer geek. It is very normal to want to print.
          I have never felt the need to print directory listing...

If I did, I'd prntscrn it...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Too Costly Ordering (new pc's & servers)

Comment

TCO Q2.

I wouldn't do this if your not happy with changing the registry .. if your ok with doing so, then the following key can be changed to change the size of the groups.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"TaskbarGroupSize"=dword:00000003

"Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                ASHER QUESTION 2:

How do I change (increase) the number of windows shown on the bottom toolbar (before it groups them)? I have Win XP home.
                Download Microsoft's free TweakUI .

You can change a ton of stuff with how Windows works with it, but what you want is under "Taskbar and Start Menu" -> Grouping.

Click the button saying "Group any application with at least X windows", and change X to whatever number you want.

Or you can use Viceroy's registry edit method, that's all TweakUI does. But you should download it anyway, you might wanna change more things. And it's a nice and purty GUI.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                X