baseball thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baseball thread...

I'll explain. I'v heard that the US baseball team won't come to the Olympics because it... didn't qualify??? How can this be? I thought only Americans played baseball???!
    Greece has destroyed all competiition in Europe, not that difficult because
    a) noone plays it
    b)we got the top Greek american players WHO ANSWERED THE CALL OF THE ANCESTRAL MOTHERLAND.

Anyway, how come US didn't qualify?

cuba, japan, korea, and several other countries have strong baseball traditions.
    B♭3

Comment

So you got disqualified by one of them, I pressume.

Comment

beats me, i don't follow olympic baseball.
        B♭3

Comment

yes it's kind of strange...

Comment

Actually we were eliminated by Mexico. Pathetic.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Our pros don't play, they must of picked some really bad college kids who only drank in mexico
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Too much of the worm.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: baseball thread...

Originally posted by paiktis22
                  Greece has destroyed all competiition in Europe
                  The Dutch baseball team is the European Champion.

Comment

I thought only Americans played baseball???!
                    Taiwanese teams always seem to beat American teams in the Little League World Series.

Personally, I would like to see a portion of the Big Leagues season be devoted to playing teams from other countries (besides the US and Canada). Either that or give at least Mexico City and Tokyo/Osaka a Big League franchise. As it stands now, all Seattle Mariners and New York Yankees (?) games are broadcast in Japan because they have some players on each. Very lucrative for Seattle and New York.

Oh, FYI, the olympics mean nothing with regard to top-tier baseball. It all comes down to the 162-game Big Leagues season.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Zopper
                      Really? I didn't know that.

What I only know is that in the games for the Olympics or something Greece was undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Taiwanese teams always seem to beat American teams in the Little League World Series.

Personally, I would like to see a portion of the Big Leagues season be devoted to playing teams from other countries (besides the US and Canada). Either that or give at least Mexico City and Tokyo/Osaka a Big League franchise. As it stands now, all Seattle Mariners and New York Yankees (?) games are broadcast in Japan because they have some players on each. Very lucrative for Seattle and New York.

Oh, FYI, the olympics mean nothing with regard to top-tier baseball. It all comes down to the 162-game Big Leagues season.
                        Strange that. I'd imagine they'd want to honour their country, if they could

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                          Zopper
                          Really? I didn't know that.
                          The Dutch team beat the Greek team 2-0 in the final.

Comment

They can honor their country through the Big Leagues. I am sure that Japan has pride that one of their players is in a key position on the starting roster of the world champion baseball team. I think Drake might have something to say about that, if he stops by this thread.

Anyway, anything other than a 162-game season would screw up the personal historic stats. Can't have that.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I see. Well as I said the only thing I've read about it was that there was a tournament before the Olympics and Greece was undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                              X