Mel Gibson's The Passion: "It Is As It Was."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paiktis22
    No, you're actually saved for this one. You were hanging from trees at the time.
    Thats not how good ol Mel would see it.

The Celtic people living there at the time were I think sort of average iron age people's who gave the Romans a reasonable fight. Not that they have anything to do with the modern British people.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Re: English people circa 34 BC

Originally posted by paiktis22
      And what connection do you have (other than geographical) with the people who lived under Roman rule in what is now known as modern Greece.

It is just as likely that your ancestors were Turks as Greeks.
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
        Not that they have anything to do with the modern British people.

That's true.

An average Englishman
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Re: English people circa 34 BC

Originally posted by TheStinger

And what connection do you have (other than geographical) with the people who lived under Roman rule in what is now known as modern Greece.

It is just as likely that your ancestors were Turks as Greeks.

The obvious effects of malnutricion.

A MAD english cow.
          Attached Files

Comment

i thought that was miss greece
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

No it's an english mad cow. The cattle are kept in big sheds and raped by Welshmen which is why they go mad.

Comment

Thats not a slur on the english then is it. I'm sure if you were kept in a shed and raped by welshman you would go mad.

Don't confuse the welsh with English it causes upset

Comment

English people circa 34 BC

Honestly, how hard is it to remember the year of Christ's crucifixion?
                  Last edited by Drake Tungsten; December 18, 2003, 07:20.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Who wouldn't?

I've heard confusing Scots with English causes even greater upset.

Comment

Pope John Paul II saw the movie the weekend before last, in the Vatican, apparently in his private rooms, on a television, with a DVD

I thought they stopped doing that in an attempt to prevent piracy.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

i am to lazy to google...so when was jesus crusified? 24 AC?

i am kinda wondering what are the popes favorite programs and films he watches...
                        Bunnies!
                        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Look, when the guyyuo have playing Jesus is struck by lightening on two seperate occasions during filming, I think that God is trying to send a message about your film.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Very true Che.

I wonder what JPII reads into that. People have played Jesus before, and done it in a deliberately slanderous way and they never got struck by lightening. Why this one? Maybe it hit too close to the mark, and its like impersonating a police officer.

If I were a flamboyantly gay stripper in a cop uniform, I wouldn't get in trouble. But if I was really trying to pull off the part, and get people to believe I was a cop then I'd be charged with impersonating a police officer. Maybe thats the problem...

The next thing to worry about is where did the Pope get that copy of the movie? I can just see next week's headlines: "Pope found using Kazaa, RIAA files suit"
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Did anyone actually read the article?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                English people circa 34 BC

Honestly, how hard is it to remember the year of Christ's crucifixion?
                                Since nobody knows for sure what year it was, if it happened, 34 BC is as good a guess as any!
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X