• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working on German.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Danish, english and german.

I do understand swedish, norwegian and a little french and spanish.

Originally posted by Monk
      When the total amount of Danes having posted on this board during 2003 can be counted on one hand, what's the odds there are actually two of them online at 4:15 on a weekday morning?
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Well some of them I'd be able to put to good use reading them, and language study helps the thinking process, and maybe eventually I could help keep some of them alive. Oh, and add Romansh to my list.

Comment

I speak Finnish, Swedish and German (and I understand spoken Norwegian).
          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
            Used to be able to read Anglo-Saxon, but it was difficult to find anyone in the real world (as opposed to university) who was the slightest bit interested in the subjects of kennings and alliteration in 'The Dream of the Rood'
            I prefer "triumph-tree", because it has alliteration PLUS kenning (not sure if the alliteration part is true in Old English...), but I can see how the argument can be made that "earth-house" is good, too.

And that's all I know.
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

I speak Turkish, average German, some Greek and am learning Indonesian

I also started to learn Latin some time ago just out of curiosity, but I find less and less time for it now...
              "Common sense is as rare as genius" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I did take French 1 last year. I found it to be too much like a second English class, and as English is the only subject in school I cant stand due to its sheer boringness, I hated French just as much. I even hate it when people speak French now for no better reason than my loathing of that class.

Comment

English, German, French, and I could understand one of Locutus' PMs he publicly posted when it was in Dutch, plus I am learning some words in it (have a friend who is dutch), so I ticked off that one too.

Comment

just french english and greek

Comment

just french english and geek
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ancyrean
                        I speak Turkish, average German, some Greek and am learning Indonesian
                        We should practice some time! Sudah berapa lama tinggal di Jakarta?
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

First off Flemish is usually seen as a dialect of Dutch (or at least it is from the Dutch side of the border). The differences are comparable to say English and Australian English.

I speak
                          English, Dutch, French, German, Luxembourgish fluently
                          Spanish, Italian, Danish, Swedish poorly

Can read the above as well as Norwegian, Portuguese and very basic russian as well as finnish.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise

We should practice some time! Sudah berapa lama tinggal di Jakarta?
                            Sure, but I'm really new to the whole thing, I might not be at your level But yes, it's a fairly easy language, especially after some familiarity with western languages

aku tinggal di Jakarta hanya empat bulan dan aku sudah suka kota ini = [I live in jakarta only for 4 months and I already like this city]
                            "Common sense is as rare as genius" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

She frequently finds herself thinking in more than one language esecially when trying to find equivalent words.

I do that too, the thing is that often I can't remember words in dutch and have to resort to english to explain myself
                              -
                              Flemish(who else voted Flemish btw?), Dutch, English,French,Some German and I understand Italian,Spanish and Swedish on a basic level (basically by either mixing french and english or german/dutch and english).

Flemish shouldn't have been on the list anyway, flemish is to dutch as australian and american are to english.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

How come 6 people voted Dutch but only 4 Flemish, they're exactly the same language

I speak English, German, French, Dutch, Flemish (but that hardly counts as a seperate language), Twents (my local dialect, a bit of a mix between Dutch and German -- a lot more different from Dutch than Flemish), some Spanish and Italian and working on my Esperanto. I've been meaning to start learning Turkish for some time now but other things keep coming up, so I only know a handful of words.
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X