What languages do we speak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What languages do we speak?

I haven't seen one of these polls recently.

Check off a language if you know how to put sentences together and have a reasonable vocabulary. If you can read a book in the language, you can count it.
    Arabic
    1.04%
    Catalan
    1.04%
    Chinese (Mandarin)
    3.46%
    Chinese (Other)
    1.04%
    Danish
    3.46%
    Dutch
    5.88%
    Flemish
    4.15%
    Finnish
    4.84%
    French
    15.57%
    Gaelic
    1.04%
    German
    17.30%
    Greek
    2.08%
    Hebrew
    2.77%
    Italian
    2.77%
    Japanese
    2.08%
    Korean
    1.38%
    Norwegian
    2.42%
    Polish
    1.04%
    Portuguese
    1.04%
    Russian
    3.81%
    Spanish
    7.27%
    Swedish
    6.92%
    Yiddish
    1.38%
    Other (not including English, obviously)
    6.23%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

I speak can't any...
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Aww, that's sad.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

I dominate !
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

The "none, I only speak English" option would have been interesting IMHO
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It's quite tricky because I can certainly read a book in Swedish and at least one of the Norwegian languages, even though I wouldn't be able to speak them at all. I chose not to check them.

Comment

Finnish, German, French, and pitiful amounts of Swedish... and Swedish is nearly identical to Norweigian, which is nearly identical to Danish...

Blech.

Comment

Are you allowed to just press vote without selecting an option?

Comment

And I agree, Ari dominates.

Are you allowed to just press vote without selecting an option?
                  If curious, why not test it?

Comment

Good poll idea.

I speak Indonesian and I can read a little German.
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I'm trying to find an old multiple choice poll to test it out on.

Comment

Nope, it doesn't work. People who speak English only will just not be represented in this poll.

Comment

This poll sucks.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You suck.

Comment

When the total amount of Danes having posted on this board during 2003 can be counted on one hand, what's the odds there are actually two of them online at 4:15 on a weekday morning?

Comment

Working...
                              X