Place your bets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place your bets!

As I'm sure you all know, the greatest battle in the history of human combat will take place this New Year's Eve when Bob Sapp takes on Akebono in Japan's K1 mixed martial arts tournament. The king of washed up football players takes on one of the most skilled yokozuna of all time. We are truly blessed to live to see a fight like this.

Nothing can compare to this struggle of titans. Ali vs. Frazier? Those chumps wouldn't last two seconds in the ring with these behemoths. Hamilton vs. Burr? Those poncy Founding Fathers would've shat in their pantaloons if they had to fight hulks like Sapp or Akebono. Hector vs. Achilles? Those guys probably weren't even real, and, even if they were, they were probably too busy commiting pederasty to actually fight.

No, this is the fight to end all fights and I want your opinion on the ultimate outcome. Who will it be? Place your bets; this question is too important for you to not weigh in...
    Bob Sapp
    11.11%
    Akebono
    14.81%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Everyone wins when fights of this caliber take place.
    14.81%
    The banana will win
    59.26%
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

fat man who eats rice and pushes people out of a ring for a living vs. fat man who lifts weights and bashes peoples heads in for a living

like thats a tuff one.

Comment

is this going to be on ppv here in the US? I would love to watch it.

Comment

Ban-ZAI!
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

"As I'm sure you all know, the greatest battle in the history of human combat will take place this New Year's Eve"

You must mean greatest AFTER Ali vs. Frazier.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Since this is obviously the shiznit of all arena combats and I am a lowly ignoramus for not having a clue wtf you're talking about, I'll take option #4. It makes me sad that I will never know how greatly my life will have been improved by this godly festival of fisticuffs.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Banana - 3
              Everything else - 2.

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

It makes me sad that I will never know how greatly my life will have been improved by this godly festival of fisticuffs.

As it should...

BTW, option 5 was a hell of a lot funnier before someone changed it to yet another played-out "banana" answer.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I say Akebono.
                  Nothing can beat this huge pile of muscle and fat .

(I must admit I secretly prefer Musashimaru, but one can only be awed when Akebono enters the ring)
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

BTW, Drake, could you pleae encode it and put it on WinMX?
                    I bet I won't be able to see the match on Eurosport
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I say this is not the greatest battle of recent history, but a good one. THere are some folks interested in K-1, I'm happy to hear it! ALSO NO SPOILERS YOU BUTTHOLES, K-1 finals will be on Eurosport dec 18..

The greatest battle was when Sapp took on Nogueira on Pride rules (MMA). And lost by armbar. I'd go with Sapp on this one though. Not a skilled striker under K-1 rules especially, but he'll take this one.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Spiffor, Eurosport shows whole lots of K-1!
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'd love to see Konishiki in K1. That man makes Akebono look small...

KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Japan is a really ****ed up place, BTW. Here's some proof...

KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

BTW, Drake, could you pleae encode it and put it on WinMX?

I wouldn't have the first clue about how to do that. I'd be about as effective as the sumo wrestler on the bottom in this picture...

KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X