Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should be a limey then, that's your natural status

Comment

you're asking this question in the wrong forum.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

well if war is a predominantly male pasttime, what is the female equivalent?

Also, what do gay men think about war?
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Re: What do women really think about war?

Originally posted by Dissident
          Aren't they tired of men always going to war? I still don't understand why women don't rise up and overthrow the male rule. Sure men are physically stronger. But women can withold sex as they often do. Sure men can rape women, but most men prefer not to do that. They would prefer women submit to them.
          This is the story of Lysistrata, a Greek wife who organized a revolt of all women in a city at war. They refused sex until the men ended the war.
          Statistical anomaly.
          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
            Also, what do gay men think about war?
            Depends on the guy... a lot of think it is a bad idea... a lot think it is a good idea.... I think we should nuke everyone, but that is just me.
            "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

I think women are simply happy they don't have to carry a gun and blast peoples heads off

I'm happy I don't have to do this too btw
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn

Depends on the guy... a lot of think it is a bad idea... a lot think it is a good idea.... I think we should nuke everyone, but that is just me.
                I would like a real gay man to respond to this.

Mr. Fun? Boris?

Comment

Um, you do realize Thorn was probably joking -- and he is gay, is he not??

Anyway, if you want an example about my feelings towards war, I have no qualms with it, when I perceive it as being justified. For instance, with Bush's invasion of Iraq -- he made the right decision for the wrong reason.

Vietnam War -- in my opinion, that was never justified for United States to take over French colonial rule.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

own goal. so far, there's been no womenfolk providing their opinions. just a bunch of men.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

That seems to be the case with most threads here. I can't say I'm surprised.
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                        Um, you do realize Thorn was probably joking -- and he is gay, is he not??

Anyway, if you want an example about my feelings towards war, I have no qualms with it, when I perceive it as being justified. For instance, with Bush's invasion of Iraq -- he made the right decision for the wrong reason.

Vietnam War -- in my opinion, that was never justified for United States to take over French colonial rule.
                        Thorn is not gay. He just pretends to be gay for attention

Comment

Working...
                        X