What do women really think about war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do women really think about war?

I have a lot of musing thoughts, so bear with me.

I was watching the movie- the Last Samurai. Yes I realize it is an overdramitized version of war in the 19th century. And I was interested in the performance by the widow in the story. Though her part was small.

But it got me thinking, why do women put up with men and their violent tendencies? Aren't they tired of men always going to war? I still don't understand why women don't rise up and overthrow the male rule. Sure men are physically stronger. But women can withold sex as they often do. Sure men can rape women, but most men prefer not to do that. They would prefer women submit to them.

How do women really feel about war? What are their thoughts about it? Why do they put up with such a violent society? Or does some part of them like war? Do they like the fact that men fight over them?

I'm not some peacenik who thinks we can create a peaceful society. I support the U.S. being warlike for the most part. I support violent video games. Because even if the U.S. became a peaceful nation, other powerful nations that oppose the U.S. would not. But if there were a way for the entire world to become peaceful, that would be a good thing. Would it not?

I really don't know much about women- obviously, so that's why I'm asking.

Well, necessity is the mother of all invention, and war is a damn efficient way to create necessity.

But that's not worth human lives.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I think women often select for men with more aggressive tendencies in the first place, and I think there's a reason for it. It's all about the survival of offspring. If you have a limited amount of resources and too much population, who do think is going to come out on top and have enough resources to provide for the women and children. It's going to be the person who's aggressive enough to take the resources and hurt/maim/kill whoever stands in there way.

Of course a single man isn't going to get away with this so they form bonds with other men and create hierarchies of allegience, call it an "army", and soon you have a couple of these armies going at each other to control the resources available and allow their families to prosper.

Honestly, I think the only way to prevent war is to reach a stable population sustainable by the resources available to us.
      ku eshte shpata eshte feja
      Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

women wonder whats with men's obsession with phallic objects in war.

And their quest to make sword/bow/rocket/bullets bigger, longer, faster and stronger.

:-p

Comment

women like being fought over

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I really don't know much about women- obviously, so that's why I'm asking.
            Yeah they look a lot different then men... they have breasts and a different gential structure then men.... anything else I need to clear up?
            "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn

Yeah they look a lot different then men... they have breasts and a different gential structure then men.... anything else I need to clear up?
              theyre from venus
              :-p

Comment

They want to f*** the winners, provide their weiners have not been blown off.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn

seeing as how you claim to be gay, I will not take your word for it.

Comment

First of all -- what particular group of women are you talking about??

And that's another thing -- how many American women are serving right now in Iraq??
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

not that many.

Many women in the military do not join to "fight"

Comment

Diss - your thread title is two words too long.

A man finds a bottle and uncorks it. A genie pops out.

Genie: Thanks, it was really cramped in there. I'll give you a wish, what would you like.

Man: A holiday in Hawaii.

Genie: Here's a plane ticket, it's all arranged.

Man: That's no good, I'm afraid of flying.

Genie: OK, here's a boat ticket.

Man: I can't use that either, I'm afraid of drowning.

Genie: Well, how am I supposed to get you to Hawaii then?

Man: Could you build a freeway so I can drive there?

Genie: That's a big job. Is there something you would like instead?

Man: To understand how a womans mind works.

Genie: How many lanes wide do you want this freeway?
                        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I'd say if women were the world rulers instead of men we would have far more war. Could you imagine what would happen if the President of the US (being female) broke a nail while giving a speech and the Prime Minister of the UK laughed at it? All hell would break loose!

And could you imagine what they would do to our video games!? I shudder to think of it.

Comment

You will have to ask all 3B

Comment

Women might not be so overtly violent, but they are a hell of alot more coniving. You would see alot more assasinations, kidnapping, and sabotage. And hense alot more wars. The real differance if woman rule the world: Liek most female vs. female arguements, we would be fighting for nothing

Womans rights is a direct result of woman convincing men it is in our best interests to let them be liberated. If every man in the world suddenly decided different, well, then they woud be restored to their natural status.

-Pat
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X