No announcement yet.

EU summit a failure after talks break down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't De Gaulle veto British EEC application twice?

So it seems that when they wanted them out they were desperate to get in, while now that they are allowed in they are desperate to keep out

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion
      Didn't De Gaulle veto British EEC application twice?
      Yes, because the Brits are American worms in the great European apple

The Brits wanted to join a free trade organization. They ended up in an organization much more ambitious than just that.

Most poorer countries join the EU for the massive EU investments. They generally don't imagine at first how horrible EU bureaucracy is.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
        why not?!
        greece was the first to have full mobile internet infrasctructure in europe.

Really? How about some evidence of this? Panag also brought it up once but did not back it up and at the same time it was also claimed by one Finn for Scandinavia. Of course, do I need to add we had the same ad in Croatia too - "Join XYZ, first provider in Europe to have GPRS coverage in entire territory of the country!"

Blah, blah silly propaganda. In truth does seem likely that scandinavians did it first

the net crimes unit is the most well equipped (and has busted many cases of net crime)

Hehe, in Croatia it is just an excuse for cops to be even more lazy than usual. What do they do here? Simply surf the newsgroups and forums and when they find a "criminal", usually a teenage kid pirating something, they call the ISP to get his address and then "bust" the "criminal". At the same time newspers are full of ads by pirates, but since the police switched over to "cybercrime" they are too lazy to catch those

Comment

• Most poorer countries join the EU for the massive EU investments. They generally don't imagine at first how horrible EU bureaucracy is.

It is funny but true that the more country is developed, the less EU prone it is. Among all the referenda about joining EU Slovenian had the most "no" answers, and Slovenia is the richest and most advanced new member.

Comment

• Greece didnt have cable TVs, so it was easier to upgrade technoilogy for full mobile internet. and yes we were the first to do it. there are ebvidence (lol) but you have to find them out for yourself.

im glad panag also knows this.

as for crimes busts I dont know what happens in nazi croatia but in greece only serious crimes get cought. not like in the UK

Comment

• and besides since when did little nazi croatia get internet???

haha you got me there vetty no go ride your donkey and deliver your pot to the albanian mafia

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Nothing like watching a good ol'fashioned quibble between Balkanics

I'd just hope we'd have a Macedonian here, for all the FOPGians (Markos first) to be crazy about it
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• I think every thread that has come up on the EU in the past year or so I have posted that they will fail because Foreign policy and domestic economics DON'T MIX... THE EU IS DESTINED TO FAIL!@!!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
                    THE EU IS DESTINED TO FAIL!@!!
                    It is, if we continue trying to have everybody on the same boat, while don't agree on the destination.
                    Let's have a boat for those who enjoy "Economic Confederation" as their holiday paradise, and let's have a boat for those who call for "Political Federation" as their aim.
                    Otherwise, we're indeed doomed to failure.

Comment

• The problem, IMO

You have a common monitary unit and market, thus everything any nation does effects everyone where it hurts; the pocket book.

Every nation under the EU has different alligencies on an international basis. Support for the US being one, I am sure there are many others.

Italy wants to help us; the Euro is effected, despite everyone elses, or at least some of the others, desires.

This is going to, and has - as I predicted a year ago - , problems... It will continue to do so unless you unite under one common government like the US vis a vis states...
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

• What I don't get is and this may be because I am British is where the impetus for the constitution come form. Did any of the current euro govts campaign for it in their elections.

AFAIK old valerie set up his little group and here we are.

I can see why the Poles are pissed off only 2 years ago they signed up to a voting structure and now its being changed.
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• I will not comment some idiotic stuff in this thread. I'll post a part of the article that somehow even the thread-starter missed.

The smaller countries argue that the proposal essentially gives the larger countries carte blanche in the EU, while the larger countries argue that a constitution must make voting less complicated and more democratic on the basis of population.

Berlusconi said: "Spain and Poland did show openness, and we discussed with them some possible alternatives for change. They found the alternatives proposed valid. We proposed them to the other countries and the other countries found them not to be suitable."
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                          X