Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly question: Does fish pie taste well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question: Does fish pie taste well?

Okay..I know it's a silly question, but I just saw this cooking show with an English dude named Rick Stein. He made this fish pie that looked incredibly tasty.

But the English tradition of food pies isn't that widespread here in Denmark, and I have never tasted fish pie.

So back to the headline: Is it tasty or what? My wife asked if I could make it for dinner tomorrow (she is Thai, so European cooking is completely foreign to her )

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

depends on what you mean by fish pie.

oic
    B♭3

Comment

yes, tastes great.

i bet she will love it also.
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
          depends on what you mean by fish pie.

oic
          It was my first thought also when seeing the subject line.

My answer: Depends if she washes the "fish" first ... or if you are drunk. Actually, having both is optimal, washed fish and being drunk.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Bouillabaise is the best.
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

Dammit I was late to pick up on that line of thought. But now that I have, we're probably not going to have fish pie tomorrow.

(Now whether I will have it is another story )

But the question still stands, though. Is it good or not?

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

beats me. i've never had english before.
                B♭3

Comment

It's nice with rice/risotto, or potatoes.

Comment

Of course it is good, just make sure it has enough salt in it (otherwise it will be very lame pie).
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

So the Beatles "Fish and finger pie" reference in the song "Penny Lane" meant something vulgar?

Comment

[grammar nazi]
                        Fish pie does not taste well. Fish pie is incapable of tasting anything, it is neither conscious nor does it have a tongue.

Does it taste good? is what you meant.

[/Grammar nazi]
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chegitz, just leave the fish pie in the sunshine for a couple of days, and it might develop a consciousness...

but I'm not so sure about the tongue though (which makes me wonder: are there alternative methods of 'tasting'?)
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            [grammar nazi]
                            Fish pie does not taste well. Fish pie is incapable of tasting anything, it is neither conscious nor does it have a tongue.

Does it taste good? is what you meant.

[/Grammar nazi]
                            When I saw the title that is EXACTLY what I thought

Though you'd have to add a "Is this just an attempt at trying to appear pseudointellectual? " at the end
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yeah, Yeah...go ahead and mock me

Asmodean

BTW...we are going to have that fish pie today. Chef Asmodean will spend the afternoon in the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                              X