Macaroni and Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macaroni and Cheese

Which kind do you make? I'm partial to the kind with the powdered cheese where you add milk, since Easy Mac (where you just add water) doesn't taste nearly as good, and the velveeta kind is too messy.
    Velveeta (boil the noodles, add the cheese packet)
    11.43%
    Powdered cheese (add milk)
    34.29%
    Easy Mac (microwave, no milk required)
    2.86%
    I'm loinburger's great-grandmother, so I make mine from scratch
    14.29%
    I'm not in college, so I don't need to eat macaroni and cheese
    25.71%
    There is no banana option, so deal with it
    11.43%
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

From scratch. although I prefer to use spaghetti and add some quality ham.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I don't eat that kind of crap
      CSPA

Comment

Macaroni and cheese? That's two things not to mix... on the other hand... chesse can't be mixed with anything to taste good anyway...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Velveeta (boil the noodles, add the cheese packet)

Powdered cheese (add milk)

Easy Mac (microwave, no milk required)

Gag! Retch! Upchuck!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hmmm... Macaroni and cheese?

This must be some form of self-torture among the jewish communities in tonga...

well, I've never tasted it, but I can imagine they mix quite well together.
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I haven't had Mac&Crap for a long time. I guess I'd go with the powdered cheese type.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well, I haven't eaten this stuff since college, but now that I have two young girls, that's on the menu almost everyday.

The best is not the velvetta (it's okay), but the Kraft version which comes with noodles and the cheese packet (just like the velvetta package). So I selected Velvetta option on the poll.

The only thing is that reheating leftovers of the velvetta or kraft with cheese packet. It's much less than optimal the second time around.

The Kraft packaging which you add the powdered cheese, milk and butter is good (i ate that growing up with cold green peas - my fav). That stuff reheats okay.

As far as home made, the oven baked mac and cheese is not my favorite. It tends to be dry and tasteless IMO.

Easy mac? Please. If you are in a hurry and you have nothing else. Usually when I realize that we ran out of milk or butter -- it's emergency rations for my daughter. I hate to be a mac and cheese snob, but I guess I am.

I just realized I know way too much about mac and cheese. I'm going to show my daughter this post...she will be very proud of me. I'll see if she wants to add anything.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

of the instant kind, i really like annie's organic white cheddar mac and cheese.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                    of the instant kind, i really like annie's organic white cheddar mac and cheese.
                    "organic" and "instant" don't go together.

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                    I hate to be a mac and cheese snob, but I guess I am.
                    No, as long as you prefer kraft dinner over home made, you don't have to worry about that.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Who needs macaroni and cheese when you can have Macaroni and meatballs?!
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

i'm just reading the label.

B♭3

Comment

Also, when I'm at home with my family, we can make a really awesome original mac and cheese.
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

macaroni and cheese is great.

i prefer the very very cheesy kind.
                            -connorkimbro
                            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Annies is quite tastey.

However, my favorite is Velveeta, but I boil the noodles, and slice the Velveeta myself from the brick. Tastes much better. For some reason, the cheese packets have a bitter aftertaste.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X