Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future Of computer horrifing or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future Of computer horrifing or not?

Where will computers be in 30 or 40 years? will they end up like the terminator of the matirix or is there nothing to fear? Maby im just paraioid?
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely

welcome back to the OT, Mister Elias. have you been partaking of a certain herbal remedy? :waves hand in a mystical fasion: certainly such an idea of computers taking over is nothing more than the product of a paranoid imaginiation.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

You are just paranoid.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Trust the computer. The computer is your friend.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Civ 14 will still have a crappy ai that can be beat by a 9 year old attention deficit disorder girl.

Comment

Computers just follow their instructions. Its the programmers you need to be worried about...
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

i hope i can jack myself in to computers, and download facts and information into my brain. And then, of course, try to get to know the lady in the red dress just a bit more ....
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Ehh... I don't see what is the problem with the mankind being destroyed by robots... Seriously...
                Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

in 30 or 40 years, people will still hate microsoft, or whoever the dominant software corporation is.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    Computers just follow their instructions. Its the programmers you need to be worried about...
                    Its not so simple
                    since the 80s, its been know that things like genetic algorithm (which sort of progam themselves) can do things even if the programmer itself doesnt know how to.
                    And nowadayw you would be even more amazed what they can do.
                    Of course the initial programming is donne by a programmer, but you can write a program to write programs to write programs etc...

Comment

We don't need to be afraid of computers. We will always be the biggest threat to ourself.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

If intelligent computers take over, free from materialism, selfishness and greed, that will be a great day for everyone. That is why we need to become those computers - the cybernetic mind - no longer having dependency on the material but having much greater power of mind due to the merging of both spheres.

If used like this, I see the future of computers, and man, as glorious and intertwined.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                          We don't need to be afraid of computers. We will always be the biggest threat to ourself.
                          exactly, one threat to ourselves being that we create an AI that destroys us

If intelligent computers take over, free from materialism, selfishness and greed, that will be a great day for everyone. That is why we need to become those computers - the cybernetic mind - no longer having dependency on the material but having much greater power of mind due to the merging of both spheres.
                          whats wrong with materialism?
                          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

You are just paranoid.
                            Who's telling him that? . And to whom is he addressing the question?

He may be paranoid, but its not going to be his back against the wall if he's right.
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Just how deep does the rabbit hole actually go?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X