Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else surprised WOMD's werent planeted in iraq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else surprised WOMD's werent planeted in iraq?

I figured even if we didnt find any, the goverment would of planted them to ensure the war was legitimate.....

Why would they be planted? Iraq had WMDs. You don't need to plant something that is already there.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

At first, I thought that would be the obvious answer to the problem. But after some more thought, why bother.
      A majority of Americans don't really seem to care that nothings been found. The DieHards know we will find something eventually.

But if you got caught, people would care.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good point rah... getting caught would hurt the administration.

As you say, the diehard repubs expect us to still find them...

Many people don't care...

And the hard core left will be convinced the US planted them even if they are found.

So why bother... nothing to gain, and lots to lose.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Whatta ya know. The Twin Terrors make good points.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

they won't be planted for the simple reason that we don't want our womd there at all. god forbid something goes wrong and we lose track of them...
            B♭3

Comment

ok...can someone...US citizens prefered...explain to me why you all dont care about not finding any WMD or that the US didnt have any reason to take over Iraq?
              (that is just my opinion ofcourse )

(i really cant believe there is such a difference between US and EU so please try to explain it to me)
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                ok...can someone...US citizens prefered...explain to me why you all dont care about not finding any WMD or that the US didnt have any reason to take over Iraq?
                (that is just my opinion ofcourse )

(i really cant believe there is such a difference between US and EU so please try to explain it to me)
                We do of course. These people don't represent the US public.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Americans wouldn't care.

Europeans wouldn't believe it.

Maybe.

Generalizing wildly.

Comment

I don't believe that we would plant WMDs in Iraq...but I also don't believe that any will be found...and even if they are found it won't justify the war.
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I'm surprised.

...and even if they are found it won't justify the war.

Yes, but if they are found, the Bush Administration would look like mere idiots rather than incompetent delusional idiots.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

explain to me why you all dont care about not finding any WMD or that the US didnt have any reason to take over Iraq
                        I don't know why everybody else doesn't care, but they don't seem to. I don't care because, strictly speaking, WMD wasn't what the reason that I supported the invasion. In my view, taking down Saddam was unfinished business and we were still fighting Gulf War I.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The conspiracy theorists of the left never cease to amaze me in the intricacies of their paranoia.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

ok then what is the MAIN reason US citizens think it was right to take over Iraq (

see i didnt even use invade or attack...oh wait i did now...well that is again just my opinion...)

but on a more serious note...i havent met a american lately..except one of my teachers (he helped design a smaller and better version of the cruise missile )...

so i havent had any change to talk about it! HELP ME!
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

ok then what is the MAIN reason US citizens think it was right to take over Iraq
                              What do you want us to say? The polls show that Americans don't care too much, but don't ask why they don't care.

There was a smorgasbord of reasons for taking down Saddam. People chose their own reasons, or combination of reasons. But even though the reasons are unknown, we do know that support for taking out Saddam was very consistent over a 12 year time period -- within the margin of error of 62%.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X