A very weird computer problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey hey, no talking in strange foreign languages

Anyway, the problem seems to be mechanical. If the tray opens flawlessly with a CD inside, that seems to mean that the tray is bent slightly upwards, which causes it to jam against the top edge of the opening. When you have a CD inside, the weight is enough to push it downwards enough so the tray doesn't get stuck.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The CD case is indeed slightly upwards but by a mere centimeter or so. Never realized the concept of the CD adding the necessairy weight to balance the exit tray to the correct level. Thank you! I'll be getting my screwdriver and try to make the CD case absolutely vertical, if I can. Strange that this problem only appeared now though... for a year and more it was working with no problems...

it cant be that simple? Is the CD's weight significant enough to push the exit tray down and why is this happening now
      and not before, the CD/RW was always a cm titted up
      anyway thanks I'll try it

Comment

A cm is waaay too much, do you mean mm?
        "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
        George Orwell

Comment

I've done preemptive tests namely putting an audio CD so the INCD wotn hijack the manual exit command, and the CD opened with the hardware button each and everytime, you were absolutely right Urban Ranger, thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by axi
            A cm is waaay too much, do you mean mm?
            more than a mm less than a cm, I dont have a ruler handy .. hmm half a centimeter or less maybe. it coulnt be fitted any other way plus it worked nicely so far so i didnt care.
            I guess Illhave to use raw force to get the CD/RW into complete vertical position, bend some metals, because "naturally" (as they are now) they are aligned with this slight line upwards

Comment

the right edge is the uptitted one, the left side is docile

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                otan exo meso to CD PANTA anoigei, auto einai to gamoto tis istorias...! ara den prepei na exei kanena sobaro mixaniko provlima. kai malista anoigei apo software entoli teleios (alla mono me to CD mesa)
                Èá çèÝëá ôï ëïãáñéáóìáò ðáñáêáëï;
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                X