If It Weren't For The Greeks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

if it weren't for the greeks, the world would be a lot less hairy.

i won't even touch the homosexual stuff.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

If it weren't for the Greeks, there would not be any meaningless threads like these.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Athens 2005.

Because Good Things Take Time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, good things take time alright . . . . .

like finally getting rid of that huge piece of sh*t, and sighing with new-found relief and comfort.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I doubt anyone cares. I personally will strive to be at the islands at the time. Wouldn't want to have a bomb on my head in the best case scenario or die of frustration in my car at the worst case.

Comment

As far as I am concerned the Olympics have been ****ed up since they were again born in a modern version by the frenchies and the greckos in Athens. Dope, multinationals and girls with clits as big as a penis from all the steroids. There's nothing of the ancient Greek ideals in modern Olympics.

As for Greece taking up the Olympics? What for? What has happened is that it was an excellent opportunity for foreign companies to grasp a huge amount of the Greek GDP for "providing security" (lol) and a good deal of the international press (mainly american and australian - but the latter simply because of small penis syndromes) writing bad reviews untill their multinationals grabbed the security contracts and then everything is great. Nice show monkeys, for all sides involved. (that means "us" "you" "them" and the little furry dragon)
                On the internal front, a power whore has basically hijacked the Olympics, has the government doing bows in front of her, has all her lackeys getting paid millions and then asks for volunteers? Greece is the smallest and most weak financially country to ever get the Olympics. What for? To prove that we are Greeks? Come on... It was a great profeteering adventure for those who planned it. Well enjoy it and I'll be enjoying my frape at the seaside checking the babes out. Maybe I'll even make some records of my own

Comment

Oh, Greeks!!! I thought it said Geeks.

Still, same thing. Only geeks would bother organizing large sporting events and creating games with an insane amount of rules... Such as all the games I watch.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

bah! it was the aztecs that came up with games like basketball. And from those games came other ball games created by americans like american football. And that is the best sport of all. The greeks had nothing to do with that.

Comment

Ummm... I believe it was the Mayan's who first played basketball, not the Aztecs. I could be wrong, but when I was down on the Yucatan last summer that's what I was told.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

yes it was the mayans. And I just got done playing the mesoamerica scenario last week in civ3:conquests. Of course in that scenario I played as the aztecs, and I was the first person to research ball games .

Comment

They still play it down there, it's odd to see.

I talked to a local at a bar one night who plays it for the tourist to watch and he told me plenty of horror stories. I think there were about 2 deaths and 12 injuries since he has been playing, and he had only been playing for about a year! And the injuries were awful, shattered hips, missing eyes, etc... Told me that when he first started he couldn't sleep on his sides for weeks.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

The Greeks didn't do **** for the modern Olympics. If it hadn't been for the ancient Greeks the name would simply have been different. It was a Frenchman who started the modern Olympics.

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                            X