I'm angry at Political Correctness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley
    One o them days someones gonna come up with a new phrase for political correctness
    I already have. Bull****.

As for you MrFun, I don't understand your observation.
    I know I'm just a dull-witted Texan, but could you find it in your heart to explain to me?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's easy Slowwy -- you whine about how people express being offended by something and you call them PC fanatics and that they want to suppress freedom of speech just because they let you know that they're offended.

Yet, YOU find flag burning offensive and YOU complain about being offended. Isn't that called hypocrisy, or do you Texans call it something else??
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Following your logic, there's nothing wrong with the Confederate flag.

Following mine, it's offensive to call Gays ******s, or burn the symbol of 4 years of my ****ing life.
        What do you not follow?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Burning the American flag is something that I would never do myself -- just as participating in a Ku Klux Klan rally is something that I strongly disagree with.

But Sloww -- I still believe that both are protected under the first amendment.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Sloww... there are things wrong with the Confederate flag and what it represents. There are also things wrong with burning the American flag. But BECAUSE this is supposedly a free country with an Amendment guaranteeing freedom of speech and expression; both, no matter how dispicable, are CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED.

What is so hard to understand about this? You claim to be some kind of uber-patriot and that you gave up four years of your life; but you seem to have no understanding what freedom is. What exactly were you fighting for or protecting when you served in the armed forces?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We need to make this election about jobs, education, and economic prosperity; not abortion, god, guns, and gays" -- Howard Dean (our next President... if there's a God )

Nice saying.... If he is more like that then I wish he can be your president.

Comment

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities." - Good ol' Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
                X