No announcement yet.

Forgetful Man Pays for Gasoline with Nephew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it make any difference when they'll be carrying you to the morgue?

Comment

Yes. I want to know what I shouldn't be taking with me; my Snickers bar or my trainers?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

They are an option not a necessaire accesoire. You can be killed for your wallet too. But don't tempt fate by wearing snickers either.

Comment

Just kidding there, Paiktis. Greece is

And I think you hit the nail on the head. He could have given her something else like his wallet or some clothes or something, instead of the boy. And the fact that he never came back speaks for itself.
          Last edited by Gangerolf; December 2, 2003, 08:47.
          CSPA

Comment

sneakers?
            CSPA

Comment

Ah sneakers it is then. Thanks
              And what if they gave him money or clothes? I doubt they would last long...

Comment

after your edit: What I'm proposing is that this could have been planned. Giving the boy up I mean.

Comment

Yeah, what I ment was that the uncle could easily have found something else to give as a guarantee he would return. So it probably was planned. I'd like to think that giving away your nephew isn't somethinh you do on impulse
                  CSPA

Comment

Ah sneakers it is then.

Sneakers are what the British call them. The real name for them is trainers.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yeah, what I ment was that the uncle could easily have found something else to give as a guarantee he would return. So it probably was planned. I'd like to think that giving away your nephew isn't somethinh you do on impulse
                      Me too...!
                      But it is bad even if it was planned, which does seem to have been that way, giving your nephew to a complete stranger because you can't feed him... Unless he had done his reseacrh beforehand wether that woman had kids of her own... wether she was trustworthy and compassionate and with enough money for the kid... Which would implicate much more planning! But I thought this was really really sad when the reporter said that they offered him their kids to take them back to Greece... He WAS a complete stranger to them, but they would prefer to have their kids go away with a stranger anyway instead of them living in Cambodia... really sad any way you look at it

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        Ah sneakers it is then.

You don't even have a language of your own so shut up and get killed for your sneakers. Alright mate? :dimples:

Comment

:snickers:
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            Ah sneakers it is then.

We do not, we call them trainers too.

and if your're old enough you call snickers marathons.
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Good basis for a novel, there.

One thing after another happens to the uncle which have the effect of preventing him going back - landing in gaol, say, then being deported, then getting entangled with some designing female etc etc.

Any number of possible resolutions.

Comment

We do not, we call them trainers too.

And we actually call them sneakers. Thanks for ruining the deception.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X