Apolyton Pub Quiz Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Pub Quiz Championships

Anyone interested in a Pub Quiz championship? The way a pub quiz work is you have 2 people in a chat room (for argument's sake Apolyton's IRC channel). The quizmaster asks a question and the first to answer it gets a point. There are 21 questions, and the winner is the one who can answer the most.

It would probably be knockout format, split into two divisions - American (that is, US, Canada, Latin America, China, Oceania) and European (speaks for itself). The winner of each half plays eachother in the final for the title of ultimate Pub Quiz champion. The time of challenge will be set out by mutual agreement by each competitor, and a quizmaster will be appointed in one way or another (more than likely volunteering).

All interested should post here along with the division they wish to compete in.

Sounds good...I am prepared to take on the world
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Who'd be the quizmaster?

I'd chip in with a few questions via PM when you've decided who'll do the quizzing.
      I suggest that those who wish to know the answers to these questions set up a PayPal account.

Comment

bump. 'm in.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

*bump*

I'll be happy to take on quizzing duties if it fits in my highly busy () schedule. Others can volunteer too.

Comment

i'm in, but you might want to poke me somewhere at CGN so i remember

Comment

American (that is, US, Canada, Latin America, China, Oceania) and European (speaks for itself)

is it just me, or does that not make ANY sense at all?. Ok, i can see canada, and MAYBE latin america (though that's a stretch. But china? or oceania? (which, if i'm not mistaken, includes alot more than australia and new zealand)
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Well, it's difficult to give it a name. You can't say western because, Aus/NZ/China are Eastern. I suppose Pacific would be better.

Comment

I hereby announce my participation in the Apolyton Pub Quiz Championships
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Well, we have 4 thus far... enough for some semblance of a knockout.

Comment

I'm a deep, slow thinker with limited memory, but...

all your quiz are belong to us
                      you have no chance to compete make your time

Comment

6 or 7 now, come on, join up!!!

Comment

I'll join
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Comment

I'm in. European, naturally.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X